SHR Talent is currently representing a well-established publishing client in its search for a full-time Technical Project Coordinator to join the web and app development team in Grand Rapids, MI! This is a newly created role within the company, best suited for an individual with a technical background who is a clear & thorough communicator.
A successful candidate will deliver on an array of technical tasks related to consumer-oriented websites and mobile apps, which span multiple brands and reach more than 30 million users each month. Such tasks will include web and mobile app quality assurance (QA) and support, mobile app store submissions and general mobile app administration, coordinating development and QA activities with both internal and external developers, and digital content conversion and formatting.
*Applicants must be US citizens. This opportunity is not open to H1B/C2C.*
In this role, the Project Coordinator will have a range of responsibilities related to the planning, production, testing, releasing, and maintenance of a suite of web and mobile applications, including but not limited to:
- QA : Testing and QA of all web and mobile app submissions and existing releases, including g managing bug reports, test case scripting, and proactively testing functionality for upcoming OS releases.
- Content Conversion: Converting and formatting digital content as required for deployment via web and mobile apps, primarily in support of the Bible division.
- App Store Releases: Communicating effectively with Customer Service, publishers, Direct Division developers, and external development agencies/vendors as needed regarding bugs and upcoming app fixes or releases. Managing mobile app store accounts and coordinating submission and release of all mobile apps. Creating release notes, use cases, and other technical documentation as needed.
- Technical Support: Serving as second-level support to triage and respond to customer inquiries that Customer Service needs to escalate.
- Other technical tasks and administration as required.
Areas of Exposure/Experience:
- iOS and Android Platforms
- Agile Software Development Methodologies
- Quality Assurance Testing Methodologies
- Digital Content Conversion Methodologies
- Direct experience not required, but candidates should be able to have a conversation about content creation & be willing to learn the process
- Digital Bible Platforms
- Would be helpful although not required
Work Experience: 2+ years experience in web/app quality assurance testing, technical customer support, digital content formatting, or related field.
Education: Bachelor’s or Associates in Computer Science, Quality Assurance, or equivalent.
Industry Knowledge: QA process and best practice, mobile app stores, digital Bible study and reading applications, Scrum development structures, epub and digital content formatting and conversion from a variety of source formats.
- Quality assurance testing and scripting
- Atlassian software suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Version control systems (Git)
- App Store management (iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, Microsoft)
- Content formatting and conversion software
- Technical writing, i.e. release notes and supporting internal documentation for web and app releases
- Methodical and organized
- Works well both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical writing skills
- Curious and driven to learn
Work Environment: Fast-paced, quickly changing, and deadline-driven; Collaborative
Preferred location: Grand Rapids, MI but also open to candidates in the Nashville, TN market
Covid-19 Considerations: Possibility of hybrid schedule of remote + onsite