SHR Talent is partnering with a well-established construction company headquartered in Nashville in its search for a full-time Staff, Internal Auditor. The individual in this role is responsible for assisting the Director (or Manager) and Senior, Internal Audit, in performing the overall processes related to any and all Financial/Operational, Compliance, and Information Systems audits for the Company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in development of audit programs and other planning documents for assigned audits/projects.
- Prepare detailed workpapers in accordance with established audit programs and departmental standards and guidelines for assigned audits/projects.
- Effectively communicate results and assist in identifying control weaknesses, noncompliance with organizational and regulatory agency policies and regulations, and opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in developing effective, practical recommendations for concerns and/or issues noted during audits/projects.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be a self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to work with limited supervision in a stressful work environment.
- Must be proficient in various computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Work Experience and Education:
- 0-1+ years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field; MBA preferred.
- CPA, CIA and/or CISA designation preferred.
- Eligibility to sit for exam to obtain CPA, CIA and/or CISA designation required.