SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Staff Accountant on behalf of a growing healthcare company in Nashville, TN! This entry-level accounting position is responsible for the accounting and financial functions of assigned ambulatory surgery centers. Duties include oversight of daily accounting activity, monthly financial reporting, cash management, bank reconciliations, budget analysis and workpaper presentation. This position may also provide the opportunity to participate in various special projects and financial analysis.
- Primary resource for center personnel regarding financial issues
- Cash management and maintenance of proprietary cash management system for depository bank account
- Manage inflow and outflow of cash for assigned surgery centers including facilitating the movement of funds to appropriate bank accounts.
- Financial Statement Preparation including:
- Create all general ledger journal entries necessary to generate financial statements
- Prepare assigned center’s cash flow statements and review for accuracy
- Analyze end of month financial package received from centers and create appropriate general ledger entries including:
- Analyze, understand and report to management any large variations identified in the financial package
- Asset Management including:
- Reconcile fixed asset cost and accumulated depreciation accounts to depreciation schedule
- Review physical inventory counts and create appropriate general ledger entries
- Research and understand any large variances in inventory levels
- Income statement trend analysis and preparation of notes for review of center’s financial reports with a member of management
- Mid-month cash analysis to distribute available cash to partners monthly
- Reconcile all bank accounts for assigned centers from the bank statements to the general ledger including:
- Investigate and correct any differences identified through the reconciliation process
- Identify process or control issues surrounding cash variances
- Train center personnel on best practices when irregularities are identified
- Monthly analysis of balance sheet accounts and reconcile if needed
- Monthly analysis of recorded accounts receivable balances and reconcile if need
- Payroll and Benefits Activity including:
- Analyze and record center payroll and benefits
- Research and understand variations in department totals or atypical per procedure variations
- Facilitate or assist in payroll and benefit transitions
- Legal agreement interpretation including:
- Audit internal documentation regarding legal documents for assigned centers
- Lease analysis
- Debt Maintenance
- Research and assist with specific center analysis
- Monitor and implement change in regards to incorrect practices being performed at the center
- Special projects as needed
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university is required.
- Public accounting or industry experience is a plus but not required.
- Healthcare experience is also a plus, but not required.
- Successful candidate will pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment.
- Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.