SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Sr. Tax Accountant on behalf of a client in Nashville! The ideal candidate must have a broad range of experience and demonstrate excellent analytical skills, be detail oriented, and well organized.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provision process including the roll-forward of deferred taxes schedules.
- Assist in accurate and timely preparation of all company U.S. tax filings related to domestic and foreign operations, including all related quarterly estimated taxes.
- Preparation of the annual state income tax apportionment workpapers and process, including all state estimated income tax payments and accruals.
- Assist in the management related to preparation of foreign income tax returns.
- Maintenance of all tax account mapping and management of the CorpTax compliance software.
- Actively engage in forecasting as well as actual tax submissions to News Corporation including global cash taxes analysis by legal entity.
- Manage tax account analysis and monthly income tax account rollforwards of both U.S. and foreign operations.
- Assist in working with the company’s Tax Manager and Tax Director in managing outside advisors in connection with key strategic projects and tax planning initiatives on an as needed basis.
- Assist with key tax projects including process improvements within tax accounting and compliance environments, including technology.
- Provide hands-on support for all company domestic, state & local and foreign tax audits and refunds claim process.
- Support the indirect tax (Sales & Use, VAT, GST, etc.) reporting process.
- Assist in the management of tax issues related to Canada operations.
- Provide support for transfer pricing matters, transfer pricing journal entries and cross border transactions.
- Assist in the management of the global information reporting process, including the maintenance and review of all forms W-8 and forms W-9 for all company vendors and authors.
- Maintain the company fixed asset rollforward schedules and analysis.
- Assist with the annual inter-company transaction schedules.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience with a blend of public accounting and corporate tax experience.
- Broad understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting rules and pronouncements.
- Preparation and review experience with U.S. federal, state and foreign income tax return compliance, tax forecasting and budgeting.
- Exposure to U.S. and international tax audits.
- Solid technical tax research experience with an eagerness to learn.
- CPA license preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Corptax tax compliance software.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Able to work in a deadline driven environment and successfully multi-task.