SHR Talent is currently representing a well-established healthcare company in its search for a full-time Sr. Software Architect! This role is temporarily remote due to Covid-19, but will eventually join the company’s corporate office in Franklin, TN. The Sr. Software Architect will work closely with the Director of Software Engineering Teams, Data Science and Operations Teams on building high performing, scalable and reliable software.
*Applicants must be US citizens. This opportunity is not open to H1B/C2C.*
Software Architecture - 40%
- End to End ownership of application architecture for web, API and other technical projects
- Responsible for providing architectural oversight and guidance to the engineering teams on domain modeling, SOA structure, Tooling and languages, and frameworks. Define Secure coding policies and guidelines.
- Collaborate with technology stakeholders across the organization to ensure our technology remains stable, functional, and scalable.
- Distill high level product requirements into technical recommendations (stacks, infrastructure and services)
- Participate in performing technical due-diligence on existing/legacy code-bases during major overhaul, modernization effort.
- Assist in building out both the development architecture and underlying infrastructure for a multitude of web-based projects
- Constantly research changes in the industry as they pertain to software best practices, new technologies and frameworks and everything in between
- Lead POC (proof of concept) implementations for new solutions and innovation.
- Lead solution architecture for new software applications and integration.
Development - 30%
- Develop high quality code and participate in full software development life cycle delivering high quality software.
- Support production systems, troubleshoot bugs, resolve issues as they occur.
- Co-develop with other engineers on the team.
- Attend delivery team meetings and other technical team’s standups as needed
- Design, document, and develop platform applications and solutions
- Comfortable working in an agile-based team environment
- Proven communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of personality types
- Must be able to clearly communicate technical challenges to business units
Leadership – 30%
- Provide technical architecture and people leadership for the product engineering team
- Envision and shape the future of the enterprise applications and platform used across the operations to modernize and scale as business grows
- Drive technologies from ideation to implementation and impact to end-users.
- Be the technical expert, researching, evaluating and implementing new technology to implement software solutions.
- Ideate with development teams, business users, and senior leadership on architectural and design options
- Participates in the creation of technical specifications for projects, lead technical presentations and be able to provide scope estimates.
- Lead technology team to create strategies by which technology will be developed or adapted to meet market needs and leverage opportunities. (e.g., Buy/Build decisions)
- Mentor engineers and promote software and application design excellence through One-on-one interactions, code reviews, pairing and mentoring.
- BS/MS in computer science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in designing and developing enterprise software application for web and mobile
- 5+ years leading a team of engineers as lead engineer or principal engineer.
- 5+ years’ experience in architecting web applications on the .NET framework using C# and other server-side technologies
- 3+ years .NET Core experience (v2.1+ preferred)
- 3+ years of Angular 2+ experience (v7+ preferred)
- Experience with MS-SQL creating efficient and effective data models in high transaction environments and writing complex queries
- Experience with designing and architecting solutions with NO-SQL databases
- Experience with Micro Services
- Strong business/relevant industry experience in healthcare domain
- Demonstrate experience in modernizing legacy applications
- Demonstrate experience in modernizing legacy applications.
- Experience in building serverless architecture using cloud technologies
- Strong DevOps and CI/CD experience
- Strong experience with other Microsoft technologies: SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, PowerBI, Azure, etc.
- Strong experience with Atlassian products: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo