SHR Talent is currently seeking a sharp and nimble Senior Product Owner for a healthcare company known for its fantastic culture! This is a full-time position located in the Franklin, TN office. In order to be successful in this role, the individual must be highly motivated, driven, & solution-oriented – a true self-starter with make-it-happen tenacity.
Job summary: The Senior Product Owner is responsible for helping to drive product strategy translate requirements into software solutions. To be successful, the Senior Product Owner is required to work independently and collaborating with a diverse agile team including product owner, software engineers, QA engineers, and teams such as Client Services, Operations and Clinical Consultants.
Position Essential Functions:
- Member of the Agile Scrum team(s)
- Contributes to the product roadmap and new items in the team’s backlog
- Manage the delivery team’s backlog, work prioritization, assignment, and tracking in Jira
- Defines sprints and researches/creates/accepts user stories himself/herself
- Establishes story acceptance criteria and accepts stories into the baseline
- Tracks progress towards the release of a product and confirms user stories as Done
- Conduct interviews, requirements workshops with a cross-discipline team to elicit understanding of business needs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, to drive a solution that meets the program level objectives and vision
- Contribute to QA test cases and participate in UAT.
- Interface with cross functional team on relevant product documentation and training material
- Must have aptitude putting together PowerPoint decks and presenting in front of a wide audience, including executive leadership
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Healthcare Informatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Science, Mathematics, Public Health, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, 3+ years working in healthcare industry.
- Solid experience in Scrum Agile development or Scaled Agile Framework
- Experience in writing requirements functional and technical (features / story authoring)
- Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills; is a team player
- Proven problem-solving skills, is logical and analytical
- Ability to work with distributed remote/ offshore teams
- Ability to learn healthcare domain quickly (healthcare experience desired)
- Proficient skills in analysis, documentation, and presentation tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Experience in software initiatives in an enterprise setting is strongly preferred.
- Preferred experience in the following areas:
- Domain expertise in medical coding, medical chart retrieval, risk adjustment, HEDIS
- Hands on knowledge of SQL and ability to write basic SQL for data analysis
- Requirements / AGILE Tools: JIRA / Confluence