- Troubleshoot, refactor, and perform routine maintenance on existing websites.
- Follow secure development practices.
- Work with inside and outside stakeholders to implement new websites.
- Implement architecture and infrastructure that optimize for flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance, and availability.
- Utilize design and UX best practices to optimize front-end usability.
- Coordinate activities with systems staff to ensure capacity, package support, and other requirements are met.
- Document changes, stage and release code for review and production.
- Write and perform unit and other tests to insure quality of code.
- Create innovative and creative solutions to complex challenges.
- Maintain clean code repository.
- Good knowledge of software engineering life cycle process, including design, development, build/release, testing, Git source control, ticketing (Jira), and QA.
- Good knowledge of Internet Application architectures and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.).
- Good knowledge of WordPress.
- Knowledge of Laravel, WordPress, and Drupal a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda) a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in related field.
- Experience with PHP 7 and especially WordPress.
- Experience developing in LAMP environment (especially Red Hat and derivatives).
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with high-performance and scalability best practices.
- Knowledge of current and legacy desktop and mobile browsers and how to develop cross-platform solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Discipline and a drive for quality.
- Deep curiosity and desire to learn and grow.
- Self-starter and an enthusiastic team player who has a keen focus on both user requirements and project deliverables.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team.
- Self-motivated and accountable.
- Adept at handling multiple projects at once.
- Proactive in identifying action items and implementing timetables to completion.
- Handles pressure/multiple deadlines.
- Results-driven while detail oriented.
- Quick learner.
- Maintains a big picture view while performing detailed analysis tasks.
Work Environment: Fast-paced, collaborative