SHR Talent is currently seeking a Sr. Marketing Associate on behalf of a client in Grand Rapids, MI! The Sr. Marketing Associate provides marketing support to strategic campaigns and promotions, helping meet the needs of pastors, leaders, teachers, and Christians. The person in this role will be a key contributor in the planning and execution of a variety of marketing tactics and functions that support the launches for multiple product types, including ministry, leadership, reflective, and academic books. He/She will also support the overall management and execution of the team’s social media and email marketing strategy. Tasks and responsibilities will be related to multiple marketing strategies—content, digital, social media, direct, inbound, among others. Serving as a central communications hub for the team, the Sr. Marketing Associate will interact regularly with both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a full-time opportunity that is temporarily remote due to Covid-19. This position will eventually require an individual to be onsite in Grand Rapids. Must be local or willing to relocate in the future.
- Marketing Communications: verbal, copywriting, graphic design, digital marketing
- In consultation with the product marketers responsible for books, assist in the execution of digital marketing tactics, including online advertising activities, promotional emails, book web site setup, and social media outreach to target audiences.
- Create marketing collateral and support tools, including marketing plan templates, website landing pages, keyword metadata, A+ detail pages, email campaigns, social media graphics and ads, print and digital marketing assets. etc.
- Manage creation of digital marketing assets (online ads, emails, web pages, social media graphics, videos, etc.) for internal and external email lists, blogs, affiliates, paid search, and social media marketing
- Assist the strategy and execution of social media and digital ad campaigns. Experience with Facebook Advertising and Instagram Advertising preferred.
- Project Management: organize, plan, schedule, track
- Prepare new book planning and creative strategy documents, assist in endorsement process, manage book mailings, and track marketing budgets.
- Organize, execute, and track marketing campaigns and timelines with product marketer (social media, Amazon placement, events, book mailings, email, advertising channels, etc.).
- Be a central hub in communications, including informing authors of marketing plans and promotional opportunities, communicate with external/internal stakeholders, etc.
- Manage the planning and execution of the division’s social media content and email strategy working closely with internal team and outside agencies. Monitor and track performance and make recommendations for optimization.
- Extract, assess, and communicate performance measures of marketing campaign effectiveness across digital and traditional marketing platforms, publicity venues, and sales channels.
- Process, manage, and track invoices through internal cost systems. Monitor process, progress, and results. Maintain projection sheets for all active books/projects. Assist in tracking commitments against budget, identifying opportunities and challenges for marketing team actions.
Knowledge: Solid understanding of marketing and consumer behavior principles. Familiarity with digital marketing practices, social media strategy and advertising, and project management.
Work Experience: 2-4 years of general marketing, digital marketing, public relations, or marketing/public relations/ad agency experience. Graphic design experience a plus. Open to counting internships as experience – as along as it adds up to the required 2 year minimum of experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, or strategic communications; or equivalent work experience.
Industry Knowledge: Understanding of marketing, brand management, and project management, knowledgeable in digital marketing & analytics best practices. Experience in crafting and executing digital marketing campaigns.
Familiarity with Christian authors and media outlets a plus. Some familiarity with Christian author and book publishing preferred.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest)
- Solid understanding of marketing and consumer behavior principles. Familiarity with digital marketing practices, social media advertising, and project management.
- Proven project management and organizing skills. Able to coordinate and organize multifaceted projects and deliver them on schedule. Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to apply tact and diplomacy.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Basic level graphic design skills preferred; Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite design experience a plus.