SHR Talent is currently hiring a Sr. Marketing Associate to join the marketing team at a company in Grand Rapids, MI! The Sr. Marketing Associate supports the marketing team with general marketing, digital marketing, and administrative activities around its portfolio of book products for children ages 0-18. This role will interact regularly with both internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate in this role will be a highly motivated self-starter who can jump right in and tackle any challenge. The individual in this role must be able to take direction from multiple people.
This is a full-time opportunity that is temporarily remote due to Covid-19. This position will eventually require an individual to be onsite in Grand Rapids. Must be local or willing to relocate in the future.
- Marketing Communications: verbal, copywriting, graphic design, digital marketing, marketing messaging
- In consultation with the title marketers, execute digital marketing activity for the division across all channels including support for online advertising activities, promotional emails, and social media outreach to target audiences.
- Manage creation of digital marketing assets (online ads, emails, web pages, graphics, video ads, etc.) for internal and external email lists, blogs, affiliates, paid search, and social media marketing.
- Extract, assess, and communicate performance measures of marketing campaign effectiveness across digital and traditional marketing platforms, and sales channels.
- Create marketing collateral and support tools, including website landing pages, advertisements, keyword metadata, email campaigns, social media memes and ads, etc.
- Prepare and distribute marketing and publicity materials and tools (e.g., galley distribution, messaging documents, bios, interview preparation questions, electronic files needed for marketing asset production, etc.) and communicate status updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and track progress of digital ad campaigns and make real-time adjustments. Experience with Google Ad Words and Google Analytics preferred.
- Develop, schedule, execute, and track marketing campaigns bridging traditional and digital formats and venues (social media, Amazon placement, events, media relations, email, advertising channels, etc.).
- Assist with the creation of PowerPoint slides for various presentations.
- Manages the division’s social media influencer and blogger program.
- General Administration:
- Assist in creating digital samplers and advanced reader copy (ARC) set up process; maintain in-house inventory levels for ARCs and distribute to internal key stakeholders and authors.
- Processes, manages, and tracks invoices through internal cost systems. Monitors process, progress, and results. Maintains projection sheets for all active books/projects. Tracks commitments against budget, identifying opportunities and challenges for marketing team actions.
- Manages sales conference material preparation including PowerPoint creation, sample chapters/pages, sampler, marketing asset list, comp title list, and more as needed by the team.
- Track sales figures using Amazon Central, POS tracker and other tools.
- Assist in convention and events marketing plans and needs.
- Assist in publicity mailings, keeping lists up to date and sending books to media.
Knowledge: Solid understanding of marketing and consumer behavior principles. Familiarity with digital marketing practices, and foundations.
Work Experience: 2-4 years of general marketing, digital marketing, public relations, or marketing/public relations/ad agency experience. Open to counting internships as experience – as along as it adds up to the required 2 year minimum of experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, or strategic communications; or equivalent work experience.
- Required: Background in marketing or marketing related field.
- Preferred: Experience in crafting and executing digital marketing campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Skilled in knowledge and use of English grammar.
- Solid understanding of marketing and consumer behavior principles. Familiarity with digital marketing practices, metadata application, and project management.
- Proven project management and organizing skills. Able to coordinate multifaceted projects and deliver them on schedule. Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to apply tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) with advanced skill in Excel
- Basic level graphic design skills preferred; Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite design experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest)
- Experience with Google Ad Words and Google Analytics