SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Sr. Internal Auditor on behalf of a well-established company in Nashville, TN. The Senior Internal Audit is responsible for assisting the Director and Manager, Internal Audit, in performing and managing the overall processes related to any and all Financial/Operational, Compliance, and Information Systems audits for the Company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Director or Manager, Internal Audit, in the investigation of significant suspected fraudulent activities within the Company as requested.
- Assist in development of audit programs and other planning documents for assigned audits/projects.
- Frequently and consistently inform Director, Internal audit of the status of audits/projects.
- Prepare detailed workpapers in accordance with established audit programs and departmental standards and guidelines for assigned audits/projects.
- Effectively communicate results and assist in identifying control weaknesses, noncompliance with organizational and regulatory agency policies and regulations, and opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in developing effective, practical recommendations for concerns and/or issues noted during audits/projects.
- Assist in training and supervising Internal Audit department personnel and outside consultants as appropriate.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be a self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to work with limited supervision in a stressful work environment.
- Must be proficient in various computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Work Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field; MBA preferred.
- CPA, CIA and/or CISA designation preferred.
- Eligibility to sit for exam to obtain CPA, CIA and/or CISA designation required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in public accounting and/or corporate internal audit environment, including supervisory and planning responsibilities.
- Exposure to mining and/or construction industries strongly preferred.
- Experience with or exposure to some combination of ERM (Enterprise Risk Management), COBIT (Control Objectives for Information Technology), SOX 404 (Sarbanes-Oxley), and IIA standards (Institute of Internal Auditors) preferred.
- The individual in this role will work in the office 4 days a week (Monday's & Friday's required) with 1 day working remotely mid-week.