SHR Talent is currently representing a well-established healthcare company in its search for a Service Desk Analyst! This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. This position will join the 10-person team in the Nashville office to provide front-line customer support for hardware and software issues.
- Provides front-line customer support for hardware and software issues
- Prioritizes tasks and log issues into Service Desk issue tracking software
- Installs new equipment and supports and troubleshoots PCs, printers, copiers, fax machines, telephones and scanners for employees
- Installs upgrades to existing equipment as needed
- Supports Service desk environment fielding systems questions
- Supports application, connectivity and security issues with the internet portal applications
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Sr. Director, Service Desk
Knowledge and Skills:
- A+, MCP, N+ or similar industry certification desired, but not required
- ITIL Foundations certification desired, but not required
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems including XP, 7, 8.1 & 10
- Excellent PC skills including knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and SharePoint technologies and other common desktop applications
- Experience with various peripheral equipment including printers, scanners and copiers preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university in a technical discipline is required, equivalent relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 2 years help desk experience required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to successfully write business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors.
- Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
- Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
- Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.