SHR Talent is currently seeking a Sr. Graphic Designer to join the team at one of the nation’s largest healthcare companies located in Nashville! This is a contract opportunity with the potential to go full-time! This position is temporarily remote. Reporting to the Manager of Production, the Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for creating collateral as well as collaborating and optimizing other applicable graphic design projects for a large company rebrand. These projects will range from conceptualization and completion of design solutions in multiple graphic applications including: web/digital, collateral materials, presentations, infographics, campaigns, motion graphics and event design for both internal and external audiences.
Additionally, this position will provide leading expertise and creative consulting to clients and other junior members of the team. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement solutions with little to no supervision in a fast-paced, on-demand environment. Providing art direction and leading large multi-faceted projects is a requirement of this crucial role. The candidate must also be a highly motivated self-starter and must be committed to delivering top quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
- Adhere to and help develop design resources, guidelines, and best practices for the organization.
- Collaborate on enterprise design projects.
- Develop the company rebrand to increase brand presence
- Lead design projects from concept to completion, development, QA, and implementation. Projects will include rebranding for digital and print collateral materials, presentations, and infographics for both internal and external audiences.
- Directs work of junior and associate level graphic designers.
- Adept at using creative briefs and discussing concepts with clients.
- Assist and consult with vendors, development teams or the business when appropriate.
- Participate in design sessions on new and/or collaborative projects.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the design team and other enterprise business partners.
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions.
- Stay current with design industry trends and guidelines.
- 5+ years of graphic design experience with a focus in branding and identity design
- Must be an expansive and creative thinker with proven ideation and conceptual skills.
- Solid understanding of client deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them.
- Adaptable to new design challenges in an ever-changing industry.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in delivering comps to developers, printers, and clients.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently on strategic issues with a large variety of clients.
- Able to work with a team.
- Excellent organization, communication, and analytical skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Build and maintain relationships with business, marketing directors, creative directors, clients, and other team members.
- Professional: Strong and persuasive writing and public speaking skills. An expansive and creative thinker with proven ideation and conceptual skills; shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings; has solid understanding of client deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them.
- Vision: Identifies strategic issues, opportunities and risks; clearly communicates links between the organization’s strategy and the department’s goals; generates and communicates broad and compelling organizational direction, inspiring others to pursue that same direction; conveys enthusiasm about future possibilities.
- Judgement/Decision-making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; gathers relevant information before making a decision; considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; makes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the organization; proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; checks assumptions against facts; determines the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; makes tough decisions and has difficult conversations when necessary.
- College graduate, or equivalent experience, with 5-7 years of graphic design experience.
- Link to a digital portfolio required
- Design tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Able to self-manage work load
- Sitting at desk for 4 to 5 hours at a time viewing monitor and typing