SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Sr. Business Systems Analyst for a healthcare company in Franklin, TN! This role is temporarily remote due to Covid-19, but will eventually join the company’s corporate office in Franklin, TN. This role is responsible for helping to develop solutions that support business ideas and product concepts through gathering and translating testable requirements into application software solutions. To be successful, the Sr. Business Systems Analyst is required to work independently and collaborating with a diverse Agile team including product owner, software developers, testers, and teams such as Client Services, Operations and Clinical Consultants.
*Applicants must be US citizens. This opportunity is not open to H1B/C2C.*
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Conduct interviews, requirements workshops with a cross-discipline team to elicit understanding of business needs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, to drive a solution that meets the program level objectives and vision
- Develop clear, concise documentation of solutions, process flows, technical requirements, UI, modules for the software that would be developed.
- Write testable requirements and refine user stories with clear acceptance criteria; be an integrated scrum team member to assure requirements are understood fully.
- Support testing and QA of applications. Be able to define test cases and execute them for UAT.
- Interface with product owner, and other cross functional team on relevant product documentation and training material
- Work with Product Owner to write business case to justify an investment
- Own, maintain and groom the PI / Sprint backlog
- Own, maintain and groom technical / innovation stories
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Healthcare Informatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Science, Mathematics, Public Health, or a related field
- Minimum of 8 -10 years of relevant work experience, 4+ years working in healthcare industry.
- Domain expertise in medical coding, medical chart retrieval, risk adjustment, HEDIS knowledge is a big plus.
- Experience as an Agile Product Owner a big plus.
- Skills using commonly used software for documenting software requirements like VISIO, PPT, WORD, Balsamiq or other UI design tools.
- Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills; is a team player
- Strong written skills showing the ability to convey functional details accurately in a well-structured and precise manner that describe end user problems and solutions.
- Proven problem-solving skills, is logical and analytical
- Experience in writing requirements functional and technical (features / story authoring is a must)
- Ability to work with distributed remote/ offshore teams
- Ability to learn healthcare domain quickly (healthcare experience desired)
- Proficient skills in analysis, documentation, and presentation tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Solid experience in Scrum Agile development or Scaled Agile Framework
- AGILE Tools: JIRA / Confluence
- Preferred experience in the following areas:
- Requirements writing for complex software platforms
- Hands on knowledge of SQL and ability to write basic SQL for data analysis