SHR Talent is currently representing a well-established research, design, & manufacturing leader in the automotive space in its search for a Software Asset Manager! The Software Asset Manager Flexera Consultant is accountable for SAM tools administrations and support. This individual will provide technical subject matter expertise for major SAM tools preferably Flexera based. This candidate in this role will support and evaluate SAM tool system design and be involved in the day-to-day technical activities of a cross-functional team and support of Software Asset Management tools and databases. This role requires prior experience in managing IT Software asset management tools, doing technical integrations, performing database management and building automation through scripting and programming.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Part of support and operation team for SAM tool and technology (preferably Flexera-based) license management solutions to support software lifecycle management.
- Manage, operate, and trouble-shoot SAM tool and technology (preferably Flexera-based) license management solutions.
- Provide and improve data, reports, and dashboards on software lifecycle management and software ROI.
- Support and build Cognos reports or otherwise to improve the operations of the system.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the company's effective licenses position within the company's Software Asset Management Solution through the effective, efficient and agile utilization of the tool.
- Work with vendors and other technical teams to identify, resolve and mitigate issues on an expedited basis.
- Research, prepare and deliver presentations to all levels of management on software licensing processes and procedures.
- Maintain an understanding of changing technologies, risks and potential
- A Bachelors’ Degree is required for this position.
- 10+ years of experience in Managing Software Asset Management tools
- 7 + years of experience in Implementing and managing Flexera FlexNet Manager Platform and related tools like FNMEA, App Broker, Workflow Manager, Admin Studio.
- 3 + years of experience in VB Scripting / .NET programming / Shell Scripting, ETL tools / Reporting/BI Tools, SQL, Access, Excel.
- 3 + years of experience in ITIL processes.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines while managing multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Flexera product knowledge including FNMS, FNMEA, Workflow Manager, App Portal and Admin Studio – preferred.
- Knowledge about software deployment, device inventory, software asset management (SCCM, ADDM) and Scripting skills (Powershell, VB Script, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with Cognos implementation and reports development
- Expertise in Microsoft stack of technologies (including SQL Server, Windows, Active Directory, IIS)
- Understanding of Cloud/Virtualization technologies (VMware, XenApp, XenDesktop, AppV, etc.)
- Ability to communicate professionally, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- This is a temp-to-hire job opportunity – because of this, a Bachelors’ Degree is required to be considered for this opening.
- This is a Monday – Friday position with working hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST. Overtime may be needed on occasion.
- Candidates who successfully complete an initial phone screen will be asked for additional screens with other members of the manager’s team.
SHR Talent is an equal opportunity employer.
See a complete list of opportunities at www.shrtalent.com