SHR Talent is currently seeking a sharp and nimble Senior Product Owner on behalf of a healthcare client in Franklin, TN! This is a full-time position. The individual in this role must be a driven go-getter who possesses a solutions-oriented mind. Effective communication and strong presentation skills are essential to this role. The Senior Product Owner must be able to drive a team forward, as he/she is responsible for helping to drive product strategy translate requirements into software solutions. To be successful, the Senior Product Owner is required to work independently and collaborate with a diverse agile team including Product Owner, Software Engineers, QA Engineers, and teams such as Client Services, Operations and Clinical Consultants.
Position Essential Functions:
- Member of the Agile Scrum team(s)
- Contributes to the product roadmap and new items in the team’s backlog
- Manage the delivery team’s backlog, work prioritization, assignment, and tracking in Jira
- Defines sprints and creates / accepts user stories
- Establishes story acceptance criteria and accepts stories into the baseline
- Tracks progress towards the release of a product and confirms user stories as Done
- Conduct interviews, requirements workshops with a cross-discipline team to elicit understanding of business needs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, to drive a solution that meets the program level objectives and vision
- Contribute to QA test cases and participate in UAT.
- Interface with cross functional team on relevant product documentation and training material
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Healthcare Informatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Science, Mathematics, Public Health, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, 3+ years working in healthcare industry.
- Must have solid experience in Scrum Agile development or Scaled Agile Framework
- Must have PO experience
- Experience in writing requirements functional and technical (features / story authoring)
- Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills; is a team player
- Proven problem-solving skills, is logical and analytical
- Ability to work with distributed remote/ offshore teams
- Ability to learn healthcare domain quickly (healthcare experience desired)
- Proficient skills in analysis, documentation, and presentation tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Preferred experience in the following areas:
- Domain expertise in medical coding, medical chart retrieval, risk adjustment, HEDIS
- Hands on knowledge of SQL and ability to write basic SQL for data analysis
- Requirements / AGILE Tools: JIRA / Confluence
- Must be a go-getter, driven and a solution-oriented thinker
- Must be able to drive a team toward delivery
- Must be an effective communicator with stakeholders from C-Suite to Entry-Level