SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Senior Financial Analyst for a client in the healthcare & rehabilitation industry. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for recurring and ad-hoc reporting and analysis for operational finance. This position will generate complex reporting and analytics across the spectrum of the company’s healthcare businesses that it currently operates in, such as: in-patient, out-patient, and residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation services. This individual in this role must be detail-oriented, highly flexible, have strong technical and analytical skills, possess the competency to understand the business and user requirements, build actionable reports from scratch, and clearly communicate the findings from analysis to those leaders best suited to influence change. The Senior Financial Analyst must be able to understand healthcare revenue cycle and partner across the Financial Planning & Analysis, General Ledger departments as well as other teams to ensure consistencies in reporting, analysis and future projections.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with business leadership to develop solutions and drive business results
- Perform as a true analyst while wearing multiple hats in a dynamic work environment
- Educate counterparts and executive management on technical aspects of financial models and leverage experience to promote efficiencies
- Leverage business relationships to identify and understand all requirements for project or analysis
- Facilitate annual budget development and quarterly projections as well as performing monthly variance analysis versus budget and perform reforecasting if necessary
- Develop and maintain revenue projection models that take into considerations various payer mixes and estimated collections
- Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) in finance, accounting or business administration from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with running statistical analysis models required
- Experience with custom development and custom report building required
- Advanced experience with financial systems/applications and strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, vlookups, and macros).
- Exposure to business intelligence software preferred
- Database reporting/querying experience required
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change