SHR Talent is currently representing a company in Chattanooga, TN in its search for a full-time Senior Data Engineer. This is a 100% remote opportunity. The successful candidate in this role will be an experienced software engineer with significant contributions in data.
- Identify, prioritize, and inform important business questions with data. These outputs will directly influence our product roadmap.
- Work with several analysts throughout the company to dive deep into business metrics and help drive data-driven decisions.
- Develop new data pipelines. Improve and maintain existing data pipelines and data warehouses. Ship stable, high quality solutions at a fast pace.
- Empower data scientists to solve real world problems by improving their workflow. Help design innovative solutions for cutting edge machine learned solutions.
- Be a champion for data. Envision a world different than the status quo and articulate a clear path for everyone in the company to get there.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role using python or Scala
- Familiarity with Machine learning concepts and frameworks: Scikit-learn, numpy, scipy.
- Proficiency in querying, manipulating and analyzing large data sets using SQL
- Familiarity with Apache Spark
- Experience with managed data engineering services from public cloud providers is a plus (e.g., services from AWS or Google Cloud)
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Deep experience in one or more of: ETL, data warehousing, data visualization.
- Previous experience scraping 3rd-party API’s and cleaning external datasets.
- Ability to clearly communicate and articulate results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bias for action and an appreciation for the knowledge-impact sweet spot