SHR Talent is currently seeking to fill a full-time Senior Accountant role for a client who provides outsourced management services to the nation’s largest lenders through an integrated approach to repossession management services. The Senior Accountant will play a key role in The Accounting Department and will report directly to the Controller.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing and managing accounting functions while providing quality service to clients and vendors through accurate financial recording and reporting. This role will manage accounting functions in accordance with corporate accounting practices and GAAP.
- Record, verify, consolidate and enter transactions to ensure the integrity and accuracy of data.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries through the compilation and analysis of account information.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Continuously work to identify, develop, and implement improvement methods of tracking, controlling, and reporting financial information.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statements and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses.
- Manage and reconcile various accounting related processes.
- Complete monthly and annual corporate filings.
- Manage special projects and other duties as required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university; Master’s degree or CPA designation preferred.
- 5-7+ years accounting and related analytical experience, corporate accounting practices, corporate filings, and accounting process improvements.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, advanced knowledge of Excel including v-lookups, pivot tables, and nested formulas.
- Must possess excellent organizational, technical, and analytical skills.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills and provide clear written and verbal communications.
- Must possess the ability to work outside core office hours as situations arise.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Employees will be in an office and will be required to be able to travel to additional office buildings as needed. The position is sedentary and requires sitting for long periods of time while working on a computer or using other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift or move items up to 30+ pounds.
- 10 days PTO first year
- Benefits after 1st of the month following start date