SHR Talent is representing a well-established healthcare company in its search for a full-time Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will play an integral role in assisting the finance team with general accounting processes and controls including month end close, account reconciliations, financial ad hoc analysis, accounts payable, invoicing, preparation of journal entries, audit participation and various special projects. This position requires a detail-oriented person with initiative, good judgment, persistence and the ability to learn systems quickly.
- Maintenance of general ledger for multiple company subsidiaries
- Prepare GL account reconciliations
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers, prepaid expense subsidiary schedules and Intercompany invoice transactions
- Process GL journal entries
- Assist in calculations for accounts that require significant estimates and judgment
- Assist in the AP process, including importing of provider claims
- Assist in monthly consolidation of financial statements and preparation of financial reports for management
- Assist in external audits
- Assist in information and documentation gathering to assist in the filing of tax returns by the company’s external tax firm
- Perform analysis as needed to assist in company forecast and budget processes
- Perform special projects, other duties and responsibilities as requested
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in accounting, business or related field.
- 5+ years of accounting work experience required, preferably in healthcare
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with general ledger activities and accounts payable required
- Sage Intacct experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Organized self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time in a high growth, fast paced environment
- High degree of integrity and professionalism including the ability to successfully manage sensitive or confidential information
- Proven ability to identify process inefficiencies, offer recommendations for improvements and implement solutions
- Strong computer and analytical skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Able to pass detailed background checks and drug screening according to company policy.