SHR Talent is currently representing a well-established research, design, & manufacturing leader in the automotive space in its search for an SCCM Administrator! This position will be responsible for leading and managing onsite/offshore technical team responsible for SCCM Administration, software packaging and distribution. This role will work closely with the License Management Team to support software lifecycle processes.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Daily administration/troubleshooting of a multi-level SCCM hierarchy (SCCM is the industry de facto Application Packaging and Scripting product).
- Administration of monthly security hotfix deployments for various software via SCCM to over 40,000+ workstations globally.
- Administer custom software distribution and reporting website.
- Package, test and deploy automated desktop application installations within a SCCM framework.
- Create collections and advertisements for mass software distribution using custom scripting where needed.
- Maintain ongoing communications with support teams regarding application issue resolutions.
- Provides mentoring, guidance, and professional development support to others on staff.
- Collaborate to maintain a library of system-supporting processes and procedural documentation.
- Experience in the creation and customization of applications to be deployed across an enterprise.
- Provide deployment statistics on weekends for distributions sent.
- A Bachelors’ Degree is required for this position.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in IT SCCM Infrastructure & Maintenance and Desktop Optimization involving SCCM Administration, Application Packaging in Microsoft Technologies like Windows Installer and Application Virtualization, Engineering Activities, System Administration, VDI Platform and Incident Handling for Production support.
- Manage and Administer SCCM Infrastructure & support.
- Must have experience in SCCM to create collections, packages, deployments and deployed software packages.
- Automate software deployment in SCCM using VC# thereby reducing human time and error.
- Automate SCCM Administration that has repetitive activities and reduces manual errors and efforts.
- Work on Silent Deployment of various Applications using Microsoft Installer (MSI), App-V, Win Batch and VB Script to automate the installations.
- Package and repackage MSI based applications using native Microsoft tools and Admin Studio.
- Experienced in OS Migration in context of Software Management involving Assessment, Remediation, Packaging, Deployment and QA Testing.
- Good knowledge and experience on MSI, MST (Transforms), MSM (Merge Modules), MSP (Patches) and MSI database tables, App- V and SCCM.
- Experienced in virtualizing applications, OSD Scripting and DSC.
- Interact with the business team to gather requirements and specifications that are needed to repackage the application.
- Conduct technical meetings with application SME and Vendors to understand functionality of the application and ensure complete unattended installation.
- Create 3rd party update packages through SCUP and remediate failed deployments.
- Troubleshoot and solve SCCM specific technical issues, engaging in root cause analysis.
- Create ad-hoc SCCM reporting of deployment success/failure, software presence, etc.
- Good Knowledge in Windows Registry, File System, Services, Devices, Security, Windows Active directory services, ODBC.
- Good understanding of desktop (Windows) technologies.
- Must have experience in Virtualization VMWARE, VDI and Virtual Machines.
- Must have experience in Imaging, Deploying OS Images and troubleshooting.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team. Can handle tasks efficiently under pressure and conflicting priorities. Experience with OS Imaging technique using WAIK, WDS, MDT and having experience with WSUS and Group Policy and creating GPO’s.
- This is a temp-to-hire job opportunity – because of this, a Bachelors’ Degree is required to be considered for this opening.
- This is a Monday – Friday position with working hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST. Overtime may be needed on occasion.
- Candidates who successfully complete an initial phone screen will be asked for additional screens with other members of the manager’s team.
SHR Talent is an equal opportunity employer.
See a complete list of opportunities at www.shrtalent.com