SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Royalty Coordinator on behalf of a client in Nashville! This role is currently remote but will be onsite in Nashville eventually. The Royalty Coordinator is responsible for entering and maintaining all royalty contracts and vendors as well as processing payment requests, deposits, and outside income along with providing ongoing administrative support. The individual in this role must be extremely detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment. The successful candidate in this role will need the ability to accurately understand and apply publishing contract terms.
- Accurately enter new contracts, amendments, extensions, and termination agreements into the royalty software system according to the rates and terms outlined in the contract
- Ensure royalty and contract data is accurate and consistently maintained in the royalty system
- Add new contract parties and ensure proper payee documentation
- Enter royalty system updates and beneficiary change information
- Assign royalty subaccount ledgers and enter adjustments as needed
- Process advance installments and payment requests
- Process outside income and coordinate incoming split payments
- Report on expiring contracts and related contract renewals when applicable
- Review, research and provide timely responses to high volumes of inquiries and information requests
- Complete related duties and projects as determined by the Director, Finance
Additional responsibilities may include the following:
- Assist with the preparation, review, and mailing of quarterly royalty statements
- Liaise and follow up with other internal departments, including Publishers and Legal, as needed
- A minimum of 1 year in a corporate accounting, finance, or royalty department is desired. Experience in book publishing is preferred. Experience processing sales data is also preferred.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with sales, royalty, or distribution of goods (order to cash and warehouse) processes is desired. Knowledge of book royalties, author contracts, or contract interpretation is a plus!
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC with knowledge of edit tools, signatures, etc.
- Prior experience using Klopotek Royalty Software and/or JD Edwards Financial Software is a plus.