We are looking for a Quality/Analyst Manager to join our healthcare client in North Nashville! If you are interested in making a move, and meet the below qualifications, please email your most updated resume to email@example.com to get the ball rolling. We look forward to connecting with you!
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred.
- Bachelors with related experience in healthcare, nursing, business or process improvement required.
- Masters degree preferred, or three years experience in the Quality Analyst field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in Quality Management with current knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Minimum of two years supervisory or management experience preferred.
Your responsibilities will include the following areas:
- Manages Quality program and regulatory functions.
- Interacts with senior management, CMO, Director, Physicians, and the medical staff as required to keep all adequately informed and educated on quality and regulatory issues.
- Accountable for accreditation surveys, preparing and educating staff and physicians of their survey responsibilities.
- Oversees plans, policies and processes related the environment of care.
- Oversee Quality regulations for Premier Radiology sites and the outpatient multispecialty practices.
- Create reports and scorecards/dashboards to track the progress of quality improvement efforts as it relates to ambulatory incentive programs including, but not limited to, CPC+, MACRA/MIPS, Commercial ACOs, Medicare Shared Savings Program, etc.
- Validate quality performance and attribution reports and identify variances.
- Develop and manage the process for identifying and communicating (e.g. via a report) open care gaps.
- Provide analytic support for ambulatory Performance Improvement (PI) and Quality Programs and attend PI and Quality committee meetings as requested.
- Participates in Data Governance and Validation Activities as requested to assure data integrity.
- Organize, maintain, and aggregate large data sets with respect to quality performance.
- Develop report solutions or other tools that track quality performance measures per program and identifies the gaps necessary in order to close the measure.
- Periodically present at and/or facilitate meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, federal, state and local codes and regulations
- Ability to design and develop performance measures
- Experience in providing data analysis and statistical processes
- Experience in providing education and presentations
- Experience with policy and procedure development