SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Quality Engineer on behalf of a globally-known instrument manufacturing company in Nashville, TN! The Quality Engineer is to represent the voice of the customer on the production processes within the organization, through ensuring the compliance of the control plan for the projects this person can have assigned.
- Responsible for the creation and update of Control Plans for the assigned products.
- Responsible for issuance of CAR’s / SCAR’s, follow up and corrective action
- Implementation for internal and external Quality concerns.
- Responsible to follow PPAP process for the assigned products.
- Responsible for the reduction of the external and internal rejects.
- Responsible for the statistical process control and the product capability.
- Improve quality by maintaining statistical process and statistical quality control methods.
- Responsible to help maintain the Quality Assurance processes, procedures and standards.
- Ensure implementation, organization and on-time maintenance of Quality System.
- Assist in determining inspection methods, techniques, facility needs and frequency of applications of non-destructive, destructive, dimensional, functional, environmental, and other testing.
- Analyze the planning of new programs to ensure that all engineering and quality assurance process standards are properly completed.
- Ensure that engineering changes are incorporated into the system properly.
- Required to help check and approve all new parts prior to submission.
- Determine the cause of production quality problems and recommendations for corrective action.
- Act as liaison between the company and the customers with follow-up and response to customer complaints promptly.
- Help develop reports as requested for different events.
- Results oriented and driven, with a track record for delivering to plan.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Able to proactively question/challenge in order to prioritize and identify solutions in timely manner.
- Clear and logical thinker with outstanding numeric ability supported by a rounded commercial awareness.
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do things.
- Relish working in a company with a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid proficiency in Excel.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong teamwork and project management skills combined with ability to work as part of a team.
- Problem Solving/Analysis – 8D, 5Why, Fishbone, 4Ms, etc.
- Leadership ability to manage cross functional team reviews.
- Personable, fun, team oriented.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BSc in Engineering or related technical degree.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in an Automotive Industry or related industry preferred.
- Working knowledge or experience with AIAG Customer Core Tools.
- Understanding of Plant Manufacturing Techniques and Procedures.
- Must be able to travel from site to site.