SHR Talent is hiring a full-time Publicity Manager (Christian Division) for a client in Nashville to develop and execute exceptional PR campaigns securing coverage across broadcast, print, online, and other digital media to ensure the highest level of visibility of authors and content. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for great content, stellar written and verbal communication skills, and will enjoy working in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment. This is a temporarily remote opportunity due to Covid-19. The individual in this role will eventually be required to work onsite in the Nashville office.
- Develop individual, targeted publicity campaigns for each assigned title and set measurable goals for success.
- Write press releases and creative pitch letters for each campaign.
- Pitch and book media coverage for author/titles to print, radio, online/digital, podcasts and TV outlets.
- Actively develop and maintain media contacts, including national, regional, and local.
- Develop, manage schedule for, write and distribute Marketing and Publicity updates (MPUs).
- Work closely with marketing, sales, online marketing, and editorial. Attend editorial and sales pub board and key sales meetings as needed.
- Continuously research and develop relationships with new outlets for possible coverage.
- Create PR plans and updates, sales presentations and sales conference materials as needed.
- Represent company at key industry events, conferences, media pitching trips, author media appearances and/or book signings.
- Schedule and attend author media tours.
- Manage the publicity budget for assigned titles and coordinate the activities of other personnel involved in each project.
- Maintain strong relationships as part of marketing and publicity teams across the company.
- Research, negotiate with, and manage outside publicity firms as needed for certain projects.
- Identify news/opportunities into which our authors/books may be inserted and thus exposed to consumers via various media outlets and crafts pitches appropriate for each outlet.
- Speak into projects early in development to help determine potential for success based on author platform, likely media interest, and opportunities for exclusive content.
- Working knowledge of crafting and delivering professional pitches and news releases to media outlets with at least two years of experience pitching to national media.
- Knowledge of media contact and engagement platforms such as Meltwater and Cision required; proven success with digital PR outlets required.
- 2+ years of experience in publishing or entertainment publicity preferred.
- Knowledge of Christian authors is a plus.
- Preferred candidate will possess 5+ years’ experience working in public relations and/or communications role with an emphasis on public relations.
- 2+ year’s national media pitching experience is desired, booking top-line media in both traditional and digital outlets.
- Experience working for a PR agency is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Keen understanding of publicity and its function is required.
- Established media contacts in Christian and general market media arenas preferred.
- Knowledge of Christian book publishing and Christian authors is desired but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write strong/winning media pitches
- Desired candidate will be detail oriented, yet have a broad eye for the changing landscape of public relations
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Project management experience
- Track record of ability to generate creative angles and effective pitches
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Capable of managing budgets
- Effective copywriter
- A deep understanding of the digital media space, including bloggers, podcasts, and social media
- Ability to act as an ambassador and influencer to the media, agents, authors and other opinion formers to reinforce the reputation of HarperCollins as a major, innovative publisher
- Willing to travel.