SHR Talent is currently partnering with a national real estate investment company located in Buckhead, GA in its search for a full-time Property Accountant! The individual in this role must be familiar with full cycle accounting and understand all the processes and documents necessary to produce financial statements for a reporting period. Other job duties include reconciling bank and credit card statements, tracking fixed assets, assisting with payroll, and preparing tax returns. The ideal candidate will at least two years of professional accounting experience and is proficient with Microsoft Excel and other accounting software.
This opportunity requires the individual to work onsite in the Buckhead, GA office 3-4 days a week for the initial first few weeks of training. After training, this candidate in this role will have a hybrid schedule of working remotely & in-office.
- Take full responsibility of the general ledger for a portfolio of multifamily assets
- Prepare monthly financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flow, supporting schedules and other reports as needed for each property
- Calculate and enter monthly journal entries including accruals and reclasses, amortization, depreciation, management fees, distributions and non-tenant cash receipts
- Follow policy for capitalization of assets to properly record renovation, rehab and other capital improvement projects in the general ledger. Calculate and record depreciation of fixed assets and amortization of intangible assets appropriately.
- Assist the Controller with opening acquisition journal entries and closing disposition journal entries upon asset purchases and sales
- Complete and analyze various account reconciliations including cash, accounts receivable, prepaid rent, tenant security deposits and gross potential rent
- Work closely with operations team during month-end close procedures to research certain transactions, resolve discrepancies in tenant ledgers, calculate accruals, and prepare the monthly reporting packages
- Prepare calculations of cash available for payables and provides approval to accounts payable team for invoices to be paid
- Assist the Controller with monthly or quarterly calculations of distributable proceeds, and initiate distribution wires
- Manage monthly deadlines effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with financial statement audits and tax preparation by providing supporting documentation and explanations to auditors/tax preparers
- Maintain positive attitude, professional demeanor and contribute to team efforts
- 2+ years of accounting experience (real estate/property accounting preferred)
- BA degree in Accounting and/or CPA
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
- Terrific verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office, especially strong in Excel
- Familiarity with property management accounting software, preferably Yardi
- Growth Opportunities
- Training & Development
- Paid Time Off
- Company Discounts
- And more….