SHR Talent is partnering with a client in Nashville in its search for a full-time Professional Development Manager to manage associate staffing, training and feedback collection. The individual in this role will work to implement programs that meet both firm-level and practice group needs.
- Manage and enhance the matter assignment system.
- Support feedback and individual development initiatives.
- Participate in and develop training initiatives.
- Support the Director of Professional Development and Retention in facilitating the Associates Committee.
- Work with the Director of Professional Development and Retention on firm-wide initiatives designed to enhance associate development and retention.
- Facilitate and foster effective communication within the practice groups and administrative teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional development experience.
- Understanding of attorney professional development and the nuances of developing and retaining lawyers
- Ability to work both independently and to be proactive.
- Highly organized and able to respond to multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of internal and personnel affairs and information.
- Must have strong client-service orientation, diplomacy, and the ability to work productively with variety of groups.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Professional presence and demeanor to represent the company