SHR Talent is currently representing a well-established manufacturing company located in Springfield, TN in its search for a fulltime Production Manager! The Production Manager is under the direction of and in coordination with the Plant Manager and other relevant departments to plan, staff, equip, and direct a 24/7 production department that reliably meets target objectives and satisfies customer demands in a high volume, high mix, critical component environment.
- Develops among assigned personnel a comprehensive team based approach to maintain a culture of safety, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Creates and/or reviews daily production schedules and reports for the department to plan work and personnel assignments for the shift.
- Supervises and directs personnel in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures.
- Anticipates and determines causes of delays in shift operations and takes appropriate action to meet shipping schedules.
- Reports promptly to customer service and production planning department when delays occur, estimates time of delay and when operations will be resumed and produces reports accordingly.
- Contacts engineering and maintenance departments for required repair work and advises production planning accordingly.
- Reviews quality assurance hold area and authorizes rework or scrapping of materials when appropriate.
- With appropriate personnel, studies operations where cost standards are not being met to determine causes and apply corrective measures.
- Interviews applicants for department jobs and recommends candidates for hiring. With designated department trainer, conducts orientation of new hires and their safety training on shift.
- Applies company employee relations policies in all dealings with employees.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the department.
- Must exhibit strong personal leadership and communications abilities.
- With management present, conducts probationary reviews of employees.
- Conducts performance reviews of each departmental employee and recommends performance increases, retraining, transfer or termination.
- Must have passed yearly forklift certification testing.
- Notifies supervisor or manager of any potential safety hazards.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelors degree in Manufacturing Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, or other relevant field strongly favored.
2. Previous experience managing a 24/7 production department with at least 50 production associates.