SHR Talent is currently representing a well-established client in Nashville in its search for a full-time Product Owner. The individual in this role will be responsible for the planning, coordination, & implementation of the financial planning platform of the global ERP system.
- Drive decisions & scope within the scrum team that align processes to the standard ERP functionality and the Company’s global template.
- Ensure the team is utilizing and incorporating leading practice, as advised by external business partners.
- Apply previous financial planning experience to guide key decisions in an agile, project management environment.
- Co-facilitate workshops in the solution confirmation phase, with external business partner support, to drive process definition and business requirements of the financial planning and reporting processes. Engage Subject Matter Experts from within the Company and ensure required participation in Solution Confirmation workshops
- Drive team collaboration to understand and document “User Stories” (i.e., business requirements) with acceptance criteria and examples in the form of acceptance tests.
- Identify and drive decisions (and escalation, as appropriate) the Key Design Decisions that have significant impacts to the end-state system and/or processes. Responsible for communicating to business partners and reaching consensus critical design issues.
- Responsible for prioritizing and refining Program Backlog to ensure business requirements are appropriately addressed in subsequent phases of Design, Build and Test activities.
- Coordinate effectively with Solution Architects to drive cross-functional integration of the global template processes and ERP functionality.
- Prepare business cases to support custom development, if deviations from standard ERP functionality and/or the global template is deemed necessary.
- Collaborate across the various ERP transformation workstreams, including financial planning and reporting, to coordinate testing of system functionality, change management, training, cutover and hyper-care activities.
- Ensure the team is delivering on quality commitments and timelines that help ensure the Company realizes the maximum value proposition of the ERP transformation.
- Foster a culture by identifying lessons learned to support future releases that help improve and accelerate the program value proposition.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or similar (MBA or advance degree preferred)
- 5+ years progressive experience, including direct experience in financial planning and analysis roles
- CPA, CMA, CFA or similar professional qualification is preferred
- Experience in cross functional team collaboration and working with geographically dispersed stakeholders. The ability to successfully influence stakeholders and overcome resistance to change.
- Experience and knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) methodologies is preferred
- Strong business acumen and an appreciation for other functional areas of the business such as manufacturing, supply chain and sales
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels of management.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools is preferred. Ability to operate with clear process improvement focus.