SHR Talent is currently seeking a Payroll & Benefits Specialist on behalf of a well-established client in Clarksville, TN! This is a full-time position working onsite in the Clarksville, TN office. The individual in this role will provide support to the HR Manager.
- Provide new team members with an explanation of benefits and instruct them on enrollment and fulfillment procedures.
- Responsible for entering leave requests into payroll system for paid and unpaid time off such as: Vacation, Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, FMLA, Military Leave, Leave of Absence, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining set up and payment of garnishments, child support, tax levies and bankruptcies.
- Administer new hire enrollments and supports annual open enrollment including system maintenance and post-data processing. Maintains benefit records and continuously improves the recordkeeping systems. Ensures benefits changes are entered appropriately in the payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Assists employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims.
- Provides backup to the payroll department which includes updating payroll information as it related to pay raises, job changes, department and shift changes, PAP rates and terminations.
- Assists in the set up and payment of garnishments, child support, tax levies, and bankruptcies.
- Monitor effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for changes, model cost impact and present recommendations. Research best practices through surveys and other information sources.
- Ensure compliance with all compensation, benefits and regulations including FLSA, ACA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC, ERISA, HIPAA.
- Develop and implement appropriate audits for benefit related processes to ensure accurate and efficient processing.
- Administers various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Administers COBRA through a third-party administrator.
- Supports the data collection for external (government) and internal reporting compliance inclusive of Café 125, and Benefits 5500 Filings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources or Certification in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 -3 years’ experience in administration of Benefits including healthcare and FSA
- Minimum 1 -3 years’ experience with administration of state specific paid leaves and FMLA.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations, including ADA and accommodations.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations regarding Human Resources administration.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Multitasker, versatile, flexible, and willingness to work with changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from various backgrounds.