SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Network Engineer on behalf of a client in Nashville. This company offers 4 weeks of PTO from the start! This role is open to a Junior or Senior level candidate & compensation is dependent on experience.
- Design and implement network solutions while improving the efficiency of current networks and maximizing performance through monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Install, configure, and support network equipment, AV equipment, switches & controls, login information, etc.
- Handles analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware, software, and all system-level requirements for the development of integrated IT solutions; document concept and requirements analyses for system refreshment and upgrades.
- Review change and enhancement requests for the determination of feasibility, system impact, cost, and time estimates for implementation requires.
- Maintain a comprehensive System of Services schedule
- Update network equipment with latest firmware releases; arrange scheduled upgrades.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university
- 3-5 years experience in network administration and engineering with a strong understanding of core networking concepts, network monitoring, troubleshooting, and meeting project deadlines.
- Hands-on experience in configuring firewalls, routing, & switching to maximize network efficiency
- Experience in Cloud and off-premise security best practices along with integrating security controls to cloud environments including secure SD-WAN architecture design and operations; experience with Microsoft/Azure is a bonus.
- Familiarity/experience with SharePoint/OnePoint is preferred
- Working familiarity with database backup & recovery
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Solid reasoning, analytical, & problem-solving skills