SHR Talent is currently seeking a Network Engineer on behalf of a well-established financial services company in Nashville. This position offers both full-time and contract opportunities. The Network Engineer is responsible for the seamless integration computer and network systems into the corporate network while providing complex and high-level technical support for the related systems. This person will serve as the main engineer and administrator responsible for the execution of the patching program for the environment including downloading, testing, validation, and implementation. This role will oversee the design, support, installation, and maintenance of LAN, WAN, and wireless networks including maintaining hardware components (firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, and access points). This role will handle the upgrading or replacement of network equipment and troubleshooting of network connectivity issues.
- Design and implement network solutions while improving the efficiency of current networks and maximizing performance through monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Install, configure, and support network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, Domain Name Systems (DNS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Handles analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware, software, and all system level requirements for the development of integrated IT solutions; document concept and requirements analyses for system refreshment and upgrades.
- Review change and enhancement requests for the determination of feasibility, system impact, cost, and time estimates for implementation requires.
- Maintain a comprehensive System of Services schedule; create, update, and maintain O&M schedules including providing input on potential date slips, conflicts, opportunities, and improvements.
- Update network equipment with latest firmware releases; arrange scheduled upgrades.
- HS Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science; will accept the equivalent of technical training with 3-5 years’ experience in a Web Development environment.
- 5- 10 years’ experience in network administration and engineering with a strong understanding of core networking concepts, network monitoring, troubleshooting, and meeting project deadlines.
- 2-3 years’ experience with Microsoft Clustering and Network Load Balancing is required.
- Must have hands-on experience in configuring firewalls, routing, and switching to maximize network efficiency and security.
- Must have a working familiarity with database backup and recovery (SQL Server and RDS).
- Demonstrated expertise in Cloud and off-premise security best practices along with integrating security controls to cloud environments including secure SD-WAN architecture design and operations; experience with Azure is a bonus.
- Must be able to monitor infrastructure using Nagios, Icinga, Datadog, or similar programs.
- Well versed in the usage of SaaS (Software as a Service) distribution model along with IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and PaaS (Platform as a Service).
- Substantial experience with maintaining network infrastructure and services (DNS, DHCP, Syslog, etc), VPN, Network Infrastructure (Aruba, Juniper, pfSense), Ansible
- Significant experience working with protocols such as IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, STP, ECMP, 802.1[d|s|w]
- Experience with Layer 3 Routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and VRFs.
- Experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection.
- Experience with VPNs (GRE, IPSec/SSL, OpenVPN), Wireless (802.1a/b/g/n), 802.1x authentication, and Multicast (PIM-SM, MSDP, IGMP)
- Aruba Clearpass, Okta, MDM systems, location services
- Experience in SaaS and Agile Methodologies is required.
- Certifications in .Net and C# are beneficial
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid reasoning, analytical, and problem solving skills.