SHR Talent is representing a well-established financial company in its search for a full-time Mortgage Servicing & Closing Manager! The candidate in this role will manage a team of 6-7 people, and must have Managerial, Closing, and Serving (Processing) Experience.
The Mortgage Servicing & Closing Manager will do the following:
- Ensure accurate and timely servicing of Our mortgage loan portfolio
- Oversee the production of documentation relating to closing and servicing mortgage loans.
- Serve as the primary liaison with FICS regarding the Mortgage Servicer loan servicing program and determine how to best use available functions.
- Serve as an additional administrator and liaison with DocMagic related to the preparation of closing documents.
- Ensure loan documentation and processes are in compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures by participating in Compliance Committee meetings
- Keep forms, procedures, and manuals current
- Ensure department activities run smoothly and efficiently
- Provide leadership, training, and supervision within the department
- Provide a high level of member relations and service.
- Work closely with financial centers and mortgage personnel to promote communication, and to ensure quality service delivery throughout the credit union, as well as with members.
- Host regular mortgage servicing meetings to discuss improvements and resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain workflows for file documentation, storage, and collateral management. Ensure optimum staff levels for each stage.
- Direct loan input (system boarding) and verification procedures for all loans. Ensure proper segregation of duties.
- Direct the duties of the Loan Closers, ensuring that all loans are closed in a timely and compliant manner based on established procedures and guidelines.
- Oversee loan file structure and documentation processing procedures.
- Maintain and demonstrate proficiency in loan software applications. Work with system providers to utilize applications to the fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Analyze, prepare, and train for periodic updates to system software, and verify that enhancements are working correctly. Assist with system parameters and design to meet the needs of multiple departments. Manage user security access. Supervise loan document preparation to ensure all loans are being processed in a timely and proper manner.
- Organize and direct the daily activity in loan servicing.
- Supervise the processing of loans that do not meet the renewal guidelines and may need to be considered for restructuring.
- Supervise all aspects of servicing for all portfolio loans. This supervision includes the posting of payments, the payment of hazard, mortgage, and flood insurance for all escrow accounts, the payment of taxes for all escrow accounts, the tracking system for insurance and taxes, the escrow analysis, and other similar agencies.
- Assist with responses to loan reviews and supervise maintenance of the tracking required by the loan reviews. Assist in the preparation responses for examiners, auditors, or internal audit and make corrections, as necessary.
- Stay current on compliance regulations by attending seminars and reading available information.
- Train personnel to ensure credit union policies and procedures are being followed. Ensure instructions, procedural manuals, and samples are provided to servicing employees.
- Receive and research new regulations, policies, and procedures and implement them.
- Directly supervise staff and oversee the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Assist with carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the credit union policies and applicable laws. Assist with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assure personnel in the department maintain excellent member service skills by providing friendly and accurate service to the membership in an expedient manner.
- Four-year college degree in business or finance, or equivalent management experience in mortgage and loan operations.
- 3-5 years of similar or related mortgage experience preferred.
- Must have Managerial, Closing, and Serving (Processing) Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A high level of problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner.
- A high degree of poise and tact to represent the credit union positively in outside contacts.
- Strong knowledge of financial products and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate professionally.
- Effective organizational and analytical skills with a high degree of computer literacy and fluency in various Microsoft programs as well as standard spreadsheet tools.
- Interpersonal skills must include the ability to motivate or influence others which requires a high level of diplomacy and tact. Must be able to obtain cooperation (internally and externally).
- Possession of a valid, unrestricted driver’s license.
- Ability to operate or have the ability to be trained to operate related office equipment, including calculator, computer terminal (PC), multifunction copier, laser printer, receipt printers, and telephone.
This company offers great benefits!
Benefits Total Rewards Package Includes:
- Competitive compensation
- A culture that prides itself on promoting from within
- Bonus potential
- 100% Company-paid medical premiums and long-term disability (Full-time)
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D
- Impressive 401(k) match program
- Voluntary programs such as dental, vision, additional group term life, accident, cancer, short term disability and critical illness coverage (Full-time)
- Paid Time Off that accrues based on length of service
- Tuition assistance
- Ten paid holidays each year (Full-time)