SHR Talent is currently seeking a Marketing Manager (digital) for our Publishing client in the Nashville area. This is a full-time position that will be fully remote until further notice. The individual in this role must be a confident leader who drives initiatives and thinks strategically, as this position is responsible in planning and managing digital marketing activities for frontlist and select backlist titles. This position will lead the strategic development of the digital marketing landscape and develop online advertising, consumer targeting, SEO & keyword strategy, Amazon keyword campaigns and micro-store management, high-conversion book site and funnel marketing landing pages, and social media strategy. The Marketing Manager (digital) will additionally assist with other initiatives to elevate the company’s internal and external profile.
The Marketing Manager (digital) is also responsible for the ROI analysis and reporting of results for each campaign. This position will work with the other marketing team members in a coordinated approach to bring awareness to and engagement with our titles and authors.
- In consultation with the product marketers responsible for books and ecourses, oversee the execution of digital marketing activity for the team across all channels including support for online advertising activities, promotional emails, book web site setup, and social media outreach to target audiences.
- Manage creation of digital marketing assets (online ads, emails, web pages, graphics, video ads, etc.) for internal and external email lists, blogs, affiliates, paid search, and social media marketing.
- Working with the broader marketing team, develop and execute strategies to grow existing company email lists; engage the recipients with meaningful content provided by the marketing team; monitor and track success (e.g. open rates, click-through rates, etc.)
- Provide copywriting support optimized for digital environments (web site, social media posts, email, text messaging, etc.)
- Manage mobile text messaging, online surveys and assessments, and other consumer engagement campaigns.
- Continue to develop and expand the company’s website through basic maintenance, updates, and landing page creation
- Partner with the company’s Leadership Essentials direct-to-consumer marketing team to provide digital assets for campaigns and content marketing on the company’s Leadership Essentials platform.
- Monitor reporting on website traffic with Google Analytics along with recommendations for continued improvement to our various marketing goals (email registration, conversion, awareness, etc.)
- Develop and support SEO strategies and tactics.
- Develop and execute ebook and audiobook promotional strategy in collaboration with Digital Sales team.
- Develop and execute themed multi-title digital marketing campaigns.
- Manage the company’s Amazon micro-stores, including partnering with book product marketers and editors to curate the highest-potential titles to merchandise; provide reporting on return on investment and other metrics.
- Identify online media outlets, execute media buys, setup target audiences, budgets, and bids. This position will be responsible for running campaigns on Amazon, Facebook/Instagram, Google, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
- Monitor and track progress of digital ad campaigns and make real-time adjustments.
- Measure success, trends, and ROI of marketing initiatives.
Knowledge/Work Experience: 4-5 years of experience in digital marketing
Education: B.A. in Marketing, Digital Marketing, or related field. Digital marketing credentials such as Google ad and marketing platform certification desired, but not required.
Required: Understanding of general marketing strategy and tactics, knowledgeable and motivated to learn more in digital marketing & analytics best practices.
Preferred: Familiarity with book, ecourse, or other content marketing is desired, but may not be required if equivalent consumer marketing experience exists.
- Strong communication skills – both external communication to potential readers, authors, and agents, as well as internal communication to facilitate the planning & execution of marketing strategies with core constituents.
- Teamwork – this role develops integrated marketing plans and works cross-functionally with various team members throughout the organization.
- Technical proficiency with digital marketing tools and programs.
- Understanding of best practice conversion offers and tactics – this role requires a strong focus on converting customers into the company’s eco-system and monetizing content.