SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to join the children’s division of a well-established company in Nashville! This role will eventually require the individual to work on-site most likely on a rotating schedule work between in-office & remote. Applicants must be willing to work in-office eventually. The Marketing Manager is a strategic and tactical leader, planning and managing marketing activities for key frontlist and select backlist titles. This position will lead the development and execution of integrated marketing campaigns for several books on the team. These comprehensive campaigns for assigned titles include (but are not limited to) marketing positioning, consumer messaging, social media strategy, oversight of launch team, online advertising, events, and budgeting. In partnership with authors, agents, editors, vendors, retail sales and other team members, the Marketing Manager applies an integrated approach to meet sales goals.
In addition to author and title responsibilities, the Marketing Manager will assist with other initiatives to support the Children’s Division team.
- Develops, implements, and manages comprehensive marketing campaigns for assigned titles.
- Manages budget development and expense projections for assigned campaigns.
- Leverages best practices in digital (social media, search, email, etc.) and traditional (advertising, promotion, events) marketing methods to maximize unit sales and revenue.
- Identifies media partners and executes media buys.
- Manages contributing bloggers and editorial calendar
- Responsible for creation of sales and marketing assets and booking/placing ads across a variety of medium.
- Analyzes marketing campaign results and makes recommendations for adjustments and key learnings based on those results.
- Participates in the planning and preparation for all sales conferences, as well as presenting the marketing portion of certain titles during the conference.
- Prepares marketing and publicity updates for distribution to internal stakeholders.
- Processes, manages, and tracks invoices through internal cost systems. Monitors process, progress, and results. Maintains projection sheets for all active books/projects. Tracks commitments against budget, identifying opportunities and challenges for marketing team actions.
- Manages sales conference material preparation including sampler, marketing asset list, comp title list, and more as needed by the team.
- Additional team responsibilities as assigned.
- 4-5 years experience in marketing, publicity, or other communications field
- A. in Marketing, Communications, Publicity or related field
Required: Understanding of marketing, brand management, and publicity, knowledgeable in digital marketing & analytics best practices. Some familiarity with book publishing.
Preferred: Experience in crafting and executing digital marketing campaigns. Background in marketing children’s products and/or family-centric products.
- Strong communication skills – both external communication to potential readers, as well as internal communication to facilitate the planning & execution of marketing strategies with core constituents including authors & agents.
- Effective project management skills
Technical proficiency in the following:
- CPC campaigns
- Social media ad targeting
- Google Analytics
- Amazon Marketing Services
- Teamwork – this role develops integrated marketing plans and works cross-functionally with various team members throughout the organization.
- Technical proficiency with marketing tools and programs.