SHR Talent is partnering with a well-established innovative surface materials company in California in its search for a full-time Marketing Manager! This position is primarily based in the Berkeley, California corporate office & is temporarily remote due to Covid-19. The individual in this role will eventually be required to work in the office once it is safe to do so. The Marketing Manager is a creative team player that recognizes quality and innovation for the future of residential and commercial construction. This is a small friendly office environment with a committed and highly functional close-knit team. The ideal candidate in this role will be truly innovative, one who enjoys/prefers working in unconventional ways &/or on tasks that require creativity & an innovative mindset.
Advertising: Implement and enhance budgeted advertising campaigns for both print and online sources. Provide the Board with proposed new advertising campaigns for review. Send weekly targeted email newsletter to stay in contact with clients. Work on creating printed brochures/mailers and business cards.
Branding: Ensure that branding is consistent across all platforms and geographic areas and build positive brand recognition. Monitor design platforms and forums relevant to the market to preserve brand reputation.
Website Management: Regular coordination with website manager for editing, upgrading and additions of ongoing new material. Ongoing SEO improvement.
Social Media Marketing: Manage and create content with regular postings to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Yelp, Houzz and others. Increase subscribers/followers and work on getting more positive reviews.
Admin and sales staff support: Become proficient in Hubspot Marketing, Sales, and CRM database software system. Collect data from sales staff and develop meaningful reports. Support sales staff and collaborate with them to create effective strategies that communicate the company’s value.
Product launch: Work with the BOD and sales team to create a 3-6-12-24-36 month strategy for the launch of a new and exclusive products.
Event planning: Lead the team in the scheduling of both internal and external product driven events and trade shows. Work with the sales team to generate and schedule PK’s, L&L’s, and CEU courses.
Industry Events: Attend relevant social / industry events that are attended by leading industry designers, architects, K & B dealers, contractors etc.
Benchmarking, ROI, and Analytics: Create a system of benchmarking to determine if marketing strategies and efforts are working and being effective. Effectively manage our marketing budget and ROI. Conduct market studies amongst customers and A&D database to ensure that company has the right value proposition for its target audience.
International Suppliers Collaboration: Work with exclusive European material supplier's marketing team to effectively use the material generated through their global network of distributors. Incorporate what is relative and meaningful to use for the company’s 7 state distribution area. In turn, share new projects and success. Collaborate with the independent PR firms to have a cohesive strategy.
- Marketing, PR, Communications, or related Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of industry or marketing experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel etc.
- Needs basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Will need excellent writing and graphic design skills.
- Must be able to task-switch, have a strong attention to detail, and Excellent communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Valid driver’s license with no points.
- Willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local law/regulations.
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- 5 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Physical Demands & Travel Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Position will require infrequent travel inside the USA and possibly Europe.
- A flexible schedule is required to attend industry events after 5pm.
- Candidates may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day.
- Candidates may exert over 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- May include bending, reaching, squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day.
- Proper lifting techniques required.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan