SHR Talent is partnering with a healthcare company in Nashville, TN in its search for a Marketing and Communications Manager! This is a contract-to-hire position with an initial contract of 4 months & then a conversion to full-time. The Marketing and Communications Manager is a key contributor in promoting the organization’s value proposition throughout the healthcare performance improvement space and internally to company associates. Day-to-day responsibilities include content creation/distribution supporting sales and marketing, member relations, operator expertise and thought leadership, and the company’s unique culture. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable record of success in B2B and associate-facing communications. This position requires extensive writing: RFP's, Articles, Collaborative responses, Speeches, Scripts, some video content editing, event planning.
*All applicants must include writing samples.*
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and business owners to create content illustrating the company’s expertise and value across a variety of group purchasing, supply chain, clinical, and workforce management capabilities.
- Develop, write and edit content including advertising, website copy, social media posts, press releases, member/supplier guides, marketing collateral, presentation slides, scripts, etc., to optimize business understanding, style and voice.
- Assist in the preparation of RFP responses. Gather information from subject matter experts and executives. Write and edit drafts. Obtain approvals and meet deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced proficiency in writing, editing, proofreading and fact-checking with a mastery of the AP style, punctuation and grammar.
- Interviewing and listening skills to capture the substance and voice of executives and subject matter experts.
- Work demonstrating the ability to translate complex topics into clearly articulated messages.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience with learning design platforms (HealthStream) are a plus.
- Minimal travel required.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in marketing, communications, journalism, education or healthcare management.
- 5+ years of healthcare writing, communications, public relations or education is required. Similar responsibilities within a healthcare organization or a group purchasing organization preferred.
- Experience working with executives and healthcare professionals.
- Project management skills with a high degree of organization and attention to detail. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with peers and external customers.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Work is performed in a normal office environment. Requires sitting for long periods of time. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a telephone, keyboard, calculator, and other office equipment. Work is often performed under stressful situations. Some travel required.
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.