SHR Talent is currently representing a well-established addiction treatment company in its search for a new Executive Director of Operations of the TN area! The Executive Director will sit in the Murfreesboro location & be additionally responsible for the Nashville, Franklin, & Knoxville branches.
This individual is ultimately responsible for the daily administration and supervision of the total program, including the business, fiscal, clinical segments and plan management and maintenance. The Executive Director of Operations is responsible for the long and short term planning, program evaluations and compliance with federal, state, local and independent regulatory statutes.
Responsible To: Governing Board
- Facility monitoring activities
- Direct observation
- Staff meetings / in-services
- Management meetings
- Individual meetings as needed
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Annual performance appraisal
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates own performance and sees opportunity for growth.
- Participates in continuing education program conducted by facility as outlined in Staff Growth and Development Plan.
- Participates in annual needs assessment for department.
- Implements professional development program for areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for fiscal activities for areas of responsibility.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and supervision for staff and measures competency and performance.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Conduct & adheres to facility confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Other general duties concerning performance improvement activities & process changes.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Education - Masters Degree in Behavioral Science / Administration, mental health discipline strongly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree with related experience required
- Experience - 5 years full-time professional experience in a recognized alcoholism treatment program, 3 of which must be at the supervisory level.
- Certifications - CPR/CPI (Offered at facility-optional)
- Licenses - None required.
- Special Requirements - Management / supervision experience required. Must exhibit excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Age / Gender/Cultural Specifics - Ability to work with male and female, adult (18-over) substance abuse/dually diagnosed /opiate-dependent population. Must be able to work with culturally diverse populations.
Physical / Emotional Demands / Working Conditions:
- Work involves both sedentary work and physical exertion (lifting 10 or more pounds, walking, standing, stooping, sitting, climbing, stretching, reaching, etc…).
- Must be able to support patient weight in case of emergency situation or patient disability requiring assistance in walking, standing, etc…
- Must exhibit ability to display coping skills to deal with multiple duties and responsibilities.
- Risk of exposure to infections and contagious / bloodborne diseases. Exposed to varying and unpredictable situations (i.e. patient behavior). Subjected to irregular hours (on-call) and occasional travel as required.
Working Environment: An office located within the treatment facility will be provided, along with any office / clinical supplies needed to perform the described tasks and responsibilities.