SHR Talent is seeking a Vice President, Manager of Financial Compensation to manage the on-going and annual compensation activities of a global investment management firm. This position is part of the Financial Compensation Team.
Reporting to the Director of Compensation, this role is ideal for a compensation professional with an interest in analyzing data, handling sensitive information and making sound decisions, with a strong desire to manage details and deliver results. The successful candidate will be flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects in a demanding fast-paced environment. The individual will work closely with colleagues across finance, human capital, corporate legal and corporate tax.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and maintain compensation and benefit planning tools, including the annual incentive compensation planning models
- Maintain Excel models to monitor annual and long-term incentive plan payouts based on updated P&L forecast scenarios
- Manage the administration of the incentive compensation process including budgeting, planning, tracking, modeling, and delivery
- Provide analysis and input into design, implementation and ongoing management of compensation strategies; identify compensation solutions that drive outcomes in support of business objectives
- Review account reconciliations including detailed analysis of transactions, historical costs, account balances
- Preparation of compensation schedules for the AB Board of Directors
- Preparation of compensation exhibits for the firm’s annual 10K report
- Assist internal and external auditors regarding AB’s Compensation and Benefits plans, including SOX controls
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis for individual participants and senior management
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Over 5 years of multi-national compensation experience, financial services experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or other quantitative type field
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (including v-lookups, pivot tables and/if statements) is essential
- Familiarity with Access databases (running queries, creating/updating tables), IBM Cognos Analytics and IBM Planning Analytics, formerly TM1 a plus.
- Extensive experience with building and maintaining compensation models to analyze data
- Attention to detail, accuracy and proven organizational skills are critical to success in this role.
- Must be comfortable working with large volumes of data.
- Strong analytical, planning and project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and to cultivate strong partnerships with internal clients and colleagues
- Excellent business judgment and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Multi-national compensation: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off