SHR Talent is representing a well-established healthcare company in its search for a full-time Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst to assist the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Business Development teams at its headquarters in Downtown Nashville.
Applicants must be able to work onsite in the Nashville office. This opportunity involves a hybrid schedule of working remotely & in the office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze pro-forma and historical financial statements and valuation model building, including presentations to senior management.
- Create concise discussion packages to be presented to target management during the onsite diligence.
- Draft tailored reports outlining key transaction insights based on the diligence analyses.
- Creation and maintenance of key spreadsheets used in preparation of projected financial statements.
- Review target acquisition’s contracts and all other material agreements for business terms, as well as develop strategy to maximize profitability and growth of acquisition target.
- Participation in overall analysis of proposed projects from financial and operational perspectives.
- Gather and verify information through correspondence and telephone calls with key individuals in proposed transactions.
- Assist in the due diligence process and perform financial and operational analysis for acquisitions.
- Support all functions (i.e. finance, legal, managed care, tax, risk management, and operations) to review due diligence materials and examine “deal breakers”, issues and resolutions, and integration challenges.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA preferred and/or MBA preferred.
- Two (2) plus years prior financial analysis experience in multi-site environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Experience in buy-side or sell-side pre-acquisition financial diligence preferred.
- Experience in financial modeling and mergers and acquisitions for multi-site organizations preferred.
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge required.
- Prior healthcare audit and or investment banking preferred.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Power Point, Access and ERP experience (i.e. Netsuite, Quickbooks, etc.) skills are desirable.