SHR Talent is currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer on behalf of a client in Franklin, TN. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. The individual in this role will be joining the software engineering team responsible for the development and support of technology products for care management, medical coding, and imaging.
- Create and implement enterprise-class software solutions including SaaS, APIs, tools, and reports
- Take ownership of deliverables, driving timelines and removing technical hurdles for the engineering team
- Communicate and collaborate with both stakeholders and engineers to bridge the business domain and technology to address challenges and foster innovation
- Develop with third-party platforms (i.e. applications, APIs, etc.) for customization and integration with company’s core products
- Work closely with Product Managers/Product Owners, facilitating the implementation of processes and best practices, ensuring high productivity and quality product delivery
- Promote scrum principles and champion timely execution of sprint goals within the team
- Ensure effective support of production systems, troubleshoot bugs, and resolve issues
- Act as a technical expert, researching, evaluating, and implementing new technology
- Drive software releases by planning timelines, coordinating with multiple technology teams, sequencing dependencies, and overseeing deployments
- Mentor other engineers and promote software and application design excellence through one-on-one interactions, code reviews, technical training sessions, lunch-and-learns, etc.
- Strong Experience with Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL for standard CRUD operations and building/leveraging stored procedures
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices
- Ability to help teach and mentor other engineers
- Fun attitude and great sense of humor!
- Healthcare system experience (i.e. claims systems, care management, EMR/EHR, HIE, etc.)
- Experience and proficiency with ALL parts of defining, designing and implementing scalable, enterprise-class software solutions
- Technical documentation skills are a plus
- Scrum certifications is a plus
- Experience and aptitude directly supporting users and/or conducting end-user training
- Experience and aptitude gathering technical requirements from non-technical users
- Proficiency in enterprise class UI/UX design
- Proficiency in enterprise software architecture