SHR Talent is currently representing a manufacturing company in Lewisburg, TN in its search for a full-time Lead Pressman to print custom, backorders and stock items in order to meet customer needs and demands in a timely manner.
This is a full-time position paid hourly. The Lead Pressman will work 12 hour shifts on a rotating schedule that alternates between long & short weeks (48 hours/week and 36 hours/week, respectively).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of the setup and operation of assigned printing equipment.
- Print order following the information and specifics listed on the work order with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Calculate and record an exact account of all completed work on a weekly performance sheet.
- Knowledge of required measuring instruments (scales, calipers, and densitometer).
- Registration monitoring, interpret shop floor paperwork and drawings.
- Measure stock and have it cut appropriately for the specific work order.
- Conduct weekly maintenance on machinery, reporting any issues or problems to your supervisor.
- Return and file all artwork and plates to its designated area on a daily basis.
- Take inventory of materials for the week and month.
- Continually learning new processes to increase efficiency as well as maintaining proficiency in operation of all current equipment, including but not limited to all offset equipment.
- Assist feeder operator with the training process and daily task to assure business needs are met.
- Responsible for all work being completed in a timely manner.
Qualifications / Attributes
- High School Diploma or GED. (Printing trades preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in printing
- Must possess technical problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of set up, operation, & maintenance of printing equipment, along with measuring instruments (scaled, calipers, densitometer)
- Detail and Results oriented, organized, timely; a self-starter with emphasis on accuracy
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- Work is done in a manufacturing environment. Daily functions require use of several pieces of equipment/machinery within the production area.
- Job involves moderate lifting; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Contact with and use of inks and cleaning chemicals is required.
- The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.