SHR Talent is currently representing a client in Nashville in its search for a full-time Lateral Recruiter. The individual in this role must be professional & polished in demeanor & possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills. This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day process of recruiting lateral associates and staff attorneys’ firm-wide, including conducting direct candidate outreach and working with third-party recruiters to source and hire candidates. *This opportunity is in-office. No remote work.*
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Attorney Recruiting, practice chairs, managing directors and firm leadership to achieve overall talent objectives.
- Manage the recruitment of lateral associates and staff attorneys to include management of third-party recruiters and implementation of direct associate recruiting methods.
- Analyze data and trends in firm markets to identify potential candidates.
- Conduct ongoing research and intelligence analysis to keep current with industry trends and changes at competitive firms that could result in potential lateral opportunities.
- Build and enhance relationships with search firms.
- Actively and creatively source lateral associate and staff attorney candidates through job postings, LinkedIn, networking, third-party recruiters, and use of career service offices and referrals.
- Monitor market trends to keep firm management apprised of trends in salary, bonus and other benefits related to associates and summer associates.
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD Preferred.
- Minimum of three to four (3-4) years of experience in legal recruitment with strong preference for agency-side attorney recruiting
- Maturity and professionalism that engenders respect and trust from others. Good judgment, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and collegial manner with applicants, attorneys, administrative staff and outside vendors and contacts.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues in a discrete, tactful, and organized manner.
- Comfort working both collaboratively and autonomously, self-motivated and flexible
- Proficient in MS Office; experience with viDesktop, Firm Prospects, Leopard List, and LinkedIn is a plus.