SHR Talent is representing a well-established publishing company in its search for a seasoned National Account Manager (Retail Sales) with a proven record of success, specifically in book sales. This is a full-time position that will eventually require an individual to work on-site a couple of days a week once it is safe to do so. This position is open to locations of Nashville, TN and Grand Rapids, MI.
The National Account Manager will sell Christian product to some of the company’s largest retail accounts. Successful candidates will have demonstrated accomplishments building and maintaining relationships with larger accounts at the national level. The individual in this role must have experience specific to book sales, as it is a critical factor in success. The National Account Manager (Retail Sales) will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals and managing all aspects of your assigned business.
- Achieve assigned revenue and profit goals for your account base.
- Regular communication with the Buyers / Merchandising managers to build good rapport and effective collaboration to drive sales.
- Monthly and seasonal presentations to all accounts (including but not limited to buyers, merchandisers, coop managers, etc.).
- Provide analysis, input, and feedback on all matters related accounts, including but not limited to:
- sales projections by ISBN (forecasting), with accurate updates provided at inventory meetings.
- promotional opportunities
- sales analysis and feedback
- growing account market share
- Strive to gain outside of the box placement and promotional opportunities, while working within account guidelines.
- Use market and account data to increase sales and encourage increased revenue.
- Work in collaboration with the publishing/marketing groups to assist in achieving corporate objectives and goals.
- Effectively manage your prescribed expense budgets
- Be an effective and active member of the team, including taking lead with certain accounts (to be determined, including their marketing and promotional opportunities, presentations, etc.) and gleaning from colleagues.
- Able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing market that requires flexibility and strategic thinking
- Travel when necessary to account calls, team meetings, etc.
- Work Experience: 5+ years sales experience, preferably at a National Account level. Experience selling to bookstores or book distributors is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in business/sales, publishing, English, journalism or equivalent work experience.
- Must have book sales experience
- Knowledge of the publishing industry (Christian publishing is a plus), understanding of basic business and retail finance.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills / team player
- Comfortable making presentations to groups of national account merchandisers
- Proficiency in industry tools
- Ability to recognize and define strategic priorities
- Ability to define roles and responsibilities and maintain accountability
- Strong planning, organizational skills and time management
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Excellent follow through