SHR Talent is seeking a motivated and team-oriented salesperson to join a publishing client’s Digital Sales Team as National Account Manager (Digital Sales)! The Digital Sales channel is a dynamic group that works collaboratively with all the company’s publishing imprints and manages over 100 of the most innovative accounts in the publishing space. This is a full-time position that requires an individual to work on-site. Work from home/remote options will be established after training. This position is open to locations of Nashville, TN and Grand Rapids, MI.
This position will be responsible for working with digital products for Academic, Institutional, and Professional Software accounts in the Religion category. The ideal applicant will be someone with a strong background in selling to Academic and Institutional accounts, possess excellent follow through skills and the ability to sell and support a wide range of product groups to include (but not limited to) Textbooks, Bible Reference, Business books and Non-fiction trade books in multiple digital formats.
- Achieve revenue and profit goals for assigned accounts
- Develop creative promotional ideas and custom product ideas that help drive sales and generate revenue
- Sales presentations to individuals and teams
- Working internally with publishing to bring marketing and collaborative support to accounts and products
- Vetting new accounts and working with the Business Development team to onboard new business in the App and Software formats
- Provide analysis, input, and feedback on all matters related to the assigned accounts, including but not limited to:
- Sales forecasts through evaluation of new book proposals
- Provide publishers with accurate updates after sales calls and during New Release meetings
- Promotional opportunities for all assigned accounts
- Sell through data
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with all key account stakeholders
- Actively participate in internal meetings with the publishing/marketing groups to provide market feedback
- Effectively manage assigned expense budgets
- Minimum 5 years of successful sales.
- Academic and/or Digital sales experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Familiarity with digital academic and professional accounts and evangelical subculture strongly preferred.
- Understanding of basic business and retail finance
- Knowledge of publishing
- Excellent interpersonal skills Required
- Excellent follow through Required
- Ability to recognize and define strategic priorities
- Ability to define roles and responsibilities and maintain accountability
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Proficient in negotiating
- Strong math aptitude and understanding of finance