SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time National Account Manager of Mass Sales on behalf of a client looking to hire in Nashville, TN. This position is temporarily remote due to Covid-19 & will eventually require the individual to work on-site in the office a couple of days a week once it is safe to do so. The National Account Manager will be responsible for selling company product & titles into mass merchandisers. In this role, the National Account Manager will work to maintain and grow company sales in key accounts, including both adult and children’s book products. This role requires communication and partnerships with additional sales managers on the mass team as well as the publishing and marketing teams. The National Account Manager of Mass Sales will work directly with a main distribution partner and directly with the book buyers for each assigned national account.
- Prepare and present line reviews to distribution partner buying teams, Grocery Buyers and Walmart Buyers.
- Monitor inventory needs for each title and account and provide projections to inventory and production teams.
- Coordinate with team members on account marketing and promotional plans to meet or exceed sales goals each year.
- Research and analyze sales to speak on trends related to assigned accounts and help make business decisions internally with publishing partners and externally with buyers.
- Attend weekly publisher meetings and be prepared to speak to account specific needs/asks.
- Regular communication with external buying teams to establish a strong working relationship. These relationships are key to drive sales, create new opportunities and problem solve.
Basic Knowledge: Basic retail finance, merchandising, and/or supply chain knowledge is desirable.
Work Experience: Candidates should have 3+ years of successful sales experience. Those with proven sales or buying success at the national account level are preferred. Those with book specific sales experience are highly desired.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business/sales or marketing or equivalent work experience in sales and publishing preferred.
Industry Knowledge: Specific knowledge of mass merchandiser retail channels such as Walmart, Target, Kroger, or Dollar General strongly preferred. Publishing knowledge is also a plus but not required.
- Must be team oriented. This sales position involves significant teamwork and not independent sales.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal are a must.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow specific guidelines provided by assigned accounts.
- Ability to handle change and pivot plans as needed based on frequent account changes and asks.