SHR Talent is currently seeking a bright, ambitious Help Desk Technician to help support & maintain the technology environment for an innovative startup in its manufacturing facility in Antioch. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. The individual in this role will join a team highly capable colleagues & thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Provide support services to on-site and remote employees with technical problems and information technology issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve minor to major hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Respond to support calls and tickets.
- Follow all procedures for triage and escalation utilizing support ticketing system.
- Responsible for timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of users to appropriate support teams.
- Perform new user workstation installations, configurations, upgrades, and basic repairs.
- Maintain inventory requirements for all end user devices.
- Creating, maintaining and deleting user accounts.
- Support and troubleshooting of printers, copiers, and other network devices.
- Assist in identifying resolution gaps within the help desk.
- Support and maintains effective relationships with end users.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing these tasks to maximize productivity
- Eagerness to help others in understanding and resolving their technical questions and issues
- A self-starter mentality with strong communication skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Eagerness to tackle problems outside your core competencies and learn new technologies as required
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred or demonstrated industry hands-on experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in technology support
- Experience in supporting remote users
- Experience with Apple, Microsoft, and Android devices
- Experience with help desk ticket systems and processes
- Technical knowledge of basic networking equipment
- Experience supporting or working in a manufacturing operation a plus