SHR Talent is seeking candidates for a Full-Time Financial Controller Role for a healthcare client in Nashville, TN. The company is expanding and seeking a Financial Controller for its Corporate Office. The ideal Controller will have extensive experience in Hospital Inpatient and Outpatient Healthcare Financials preferably in a behavioral health setting. This position is a member of the organization's leadership team, providing financial leadership and day to day financial management, including oversight of business office operations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general accounting, general ledger, monthly close, financial reporting, budget preparation and FTE management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide financial strategy and direction to senior staff.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within GAAP and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced hospital operating costs, and increased revenues.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Closely oversee Business Office functions and insure net revenue is properly stated.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, financial and other informational reports and analysis
- Provide reconciliations, account analysis, and other information for tax, auditors, etc., to aid in preparation of reports.
- Preparation of annual budget.
- In cooperation with management and department heads, reviews financial results and discuss anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the facility.
- Monitor and control accounts receivables.
- Continually monitor costs in all areas.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial leadership role in a healthcare setting, behavioral health strongly preferred.
- Minimum education requirement of a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience overseeing the Business Office functions.
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Life Insurance at Company Cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Behavioral Health Hospital: 1 year (Preferred)
- financial leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule