SHR Talent is partnering with a globally-known instrument manufacturing company in Nashville in its search for a full-time Facilities Engineering Manager. The Facilities Engineering Manager will lead a multi-shift department of skilled tradesman supporting factory building and equipment maintenance and upgrades. The manager will ensure the team has appropriate skill sets to support site operational excellence expectations. This role is responsible for major capital improvements to building and equipment including long and short-term strategic APEX planning. The Facilities Engineering Manager will ensure the safety, legal and environmental compliance in all activities, and will plan, deploy and support the state of the art culture – including the CMMS system with supporting preventative and predictive methodologies and analytics that support high reliability.
Additionally, this role will liaise with corporate property management to manage key renovation projects. The Facilities Engineering Manager will manage the fabrication team that supports instrument prototype production, fixturing and small equipment builds.
- Plan and Execute on Capex projects for the facilities
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation and relocation activities.
- Manage efficient administration, scheduling and training of electrical and mechanical technicians.
- Ensure health, safety and legal compliance for all maintenance equipment and practices.
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required.
- Employ CMMS to optimize reliability and operating costs of assets using TPM and predictive technologies.
- Manage equipment and facility spares inventory.
- Maintain a clean and organized workplace.
- Carrying out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Developing maintenance procedures and ensuring implementation
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering or facilities management.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervisory role.
- 5 years managing large projects in an industrial setting.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Proficiency in MS word, excel and power point.
- Demonstrated experience planning and driving multi-year CAPEX projects.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Experience managing maintenance with full site responsibility.
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solutions oriented approach to challenges/issues
- Outstanding time management skillset with the ability to prioritize without direct supervision
- Team work and project management skills combined with ability to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of CMMS
- Advanced understanding of applicable OSHA regulatory requirements in the workplace
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with staff members
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Results oriented and driven, with a track record for delivering to plan.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Able to proactively question and challenge to prioritize and identify solutions in timely manner.
- Clear and logical thinker.
- Relish working in a company with a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Thrives in a high paced, complex environment.