SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Electrical Engineering Lead on behalf of a well-established client in Frisco, TX. This is a fully onsite position working in the Frisco office. The individual in this role must have management &/or team lead experience, as the Electrical Engineering Team Lead will design solutions and lead a team of 3+ electrical engineers.
- Electrical Engineer (80%): Design solutions, create assembly drawings and Bills of Materials, etc.
- Team Lead (20%): Approve team electrical designs, assembly drawings, Bills of material, etc. and verify/enforce compliance (UL508A, CE, NEC, NFPA 79, CSA, etc.) of panels and designs.
- Report on project status on a regular basis.
- Minimize schedule and technical risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively and aggressively. Leverage experience to recommend design standards.
- Build communication, collaboration, and professional development of the entire electrical engineering team.
- Work with team members to layout and plan their education and development needs.
- Maintain a positive, engaging, and productive environment.
- Collaborate on the business direction for the team and drive the technical solutions to evolve our system designs.
- Commitment to company values.
- Implement processes and metrics to ensure focus and efficiency.
- Electrical Design: Extensive knowledge of electrical engineering design principles and practices.
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Task Planning: Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-6 month time span.
- Priority Management: Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem Solving: Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both internal and external to the company).
- Autonomy: Ability to make independent decisions and take calculated risks.
- Safety-Oriented: Extensive knowledge of best safety practices for handling various voltages/currents.
- Code Compliance: Extensive knowledge of electrical codes/standards (such as UL508A, NEC, NFPA 79).
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 2+ years of experience leading electrical design teams or equivalent.
- 4+ years of direct hands-on experience designing electrical solutions.
- 4+ years of AutoCAD Electrical experience.
- Experience in both small and large company environments
- Experience reporting and communicating project progress to senior management and senior level customers in an effective way.
- Knowledge of current trends in design solutions and best practices.
- Experience working with external partners and contractors.