SHR Talent is currently seeking a highly-motivated individual with a passion for social media, creative storytelling, and digital innovation to be the new Director of Social Media & Partner Marketing for a client in Nashville. This is a full-time position. This role is temporarily remote due to Covid and will eventually require working onsite a couple of days a week once it is safe to do so. Applicants *must* be willing to work onsite in the office eventually. This role is responsible for driving the growth, development, execution and measurement of multi-platform social strategies for the Direct-to-Consumer social accounts, as well as building high-value partnerships with content partners, such as authors and influencers, to create engagement and value within the ecosystem.
The Director of Social Media & Partner Marketing will develop forward-looking strategies to drive the future of the DTC team’s content and community management on social media, while staying abreast of new and emerging platforms, digital culture and technologies as well as areas of innovation. The Director should be both highly-creative and analytical, focused on driving audience growth, engagement and traffic. This role will also be responsible for managing and building a team of Social Media Managers.
- Own and operate the Direct-to-Consumer team’s organic social channels and create a content ecosystem within multiple owned brands and external partners.
- Be energized by real-time storytelling, capitalizing on moments in culture, with a lens towards brand fit.
- Develop clear strategic priorities and recommendations to foster and grow the DTC brands’ footprint on social media and engagement with the company’s audience depending on the channel / platform.
- Work closely with Brand and Publishing teams to create a holistic calendar of social storytelling, respond to their briefings, and amplify campaigns across social channels.
- Identify and nurture content partnerships to bring the company’s DTC brands to different and diverse audiences across the social universe through creative and customized engagement tactics (e.g. influencer book clubs).
- Work with the Creative team to concept and project manage organic social content creation for feed and stories, including photoshoots, illustrations, infographics, and graphic-led stories.
- Work with the Brand and Publishing teams to give input on assets needed to promote upcoming collaborations and concept any ideas to support current partners along with making sure space is held in the social calendar for these campaigns.
- Partner with Marketing Ops to stay on top of latest platform developments and build relationships with platform account managers.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of marketing experience
- 3+ years people management experience required.
- 6+ years of social media experience in a brand, agency or editorial setting.
- Finger on the pulse of global and regional social and cultural trends.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of social channels (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Giphy, TikTok, etc.) and how each platform can be used most efficiently in different scenarios.
- Experience using social media management and monitoring tools (Later, Flick, Sprout Social, etc.) to further goals.
- Proven experience in a management role leading the creation and implementing digital / social campaigns.
- Ability to interpret data using established analytics and reporting tools to understand campaign performance and create actionable programs on social platforms, while educating senior leadership.
- Experience working with content partners (e.g. influencers) on campaigns, including partner evaluation and onboarding; experience negotiating partner contracts and rates a plus.
- Experience with native social media shopping capabilities a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Comfortable with data, with a nuanced understanding of how data informs social strategy and content.
- Highly active and engaged with social media innovation, with a pulse on emerging platforms and trends.
- In tune with trends in influencer marketing, with an eye towards where the industry is headed and how that translates into creative and innovating partnership opportunities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver, with a strong attention to detail
- Agile mindset, with the ability to pivot calendars, strategies and plans to ensure relevance and resonance
- Ability to translate strategy into brand-specific tactics and communication points
- Strong cross-channel analytics capabilities, particularly being able to synthesize and analyze data points across channels
- Basic social media graphics capabilities (e.g. can create engaging Instagram Stories)